Good Housekeeping, Prima & Red, Deputy Chief Sub-Editor
The Lifestyle publishing division at Hearst Magazines UK is home to some of the world’s most iconic and successful magazine brands including Good Housekeeping, Country Living, ELLE Decoration, Prima, Red and House Beautiful.
We pride ourselves on giving our readers outstanding quality journalism, originality and unforgettable brand experiences all delivered with passion, creativity and expertise.
To work across Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima, editing copy to a high standard and making sure the articles are presented in a style and tone fitting with the relevant brand within the Lifestyle Group. The Deputy Chief Sub-Editor will support and deputise for the Chief Sub-Editors.
- To assist the Chief Sub-Editors with the sub-editing of work, holding regular production catch-up meetings
- Ensuring copy goes through the production system as efficiently as possible to meet deadlines and budgets
- To edit copy and layouts to a high standard in accordance with the style of each brand in the Lifestyle Group through every stage of the workflow system
- To identify copy and layouts suitable for online, adapting and uploading as appropriate
- To write headlines, standfirsts, picture captions and cross-heads and incorporate editor’s corrections
- To obtain client/writer approval and liaise with legal department to ensure all pages are safe legally
- To send pages to press and approve proofs
- To assist the Chief Sub-Editors in creating and adapting flatplans
- To assist the Chief Sub-Editors in monitoring digital content and identifying new sources.
- The Key Performance Indicators against which you will be measured will be set by your line manager.
- Knowledge of Mavis, Indesign, Censhare (including flatplanning)
- A keen attention to detail
- Able to understand the style and voice of each brand within the Lifestyle Group
- An ability to work accurately and prioritise copy and layouts while meeting deadlines and being aware of the schedule.
Click 'Apply' now.