A professional membership association based in central London is looking for an Assistant Editor to assist in the editorial production of their magazine and associated supplements. This is a perfect role for a candidate with solid experience sub-editing and copy-editing and with excellent project management skills.
- Sub-edit and proof copy, compiling regular features and news pages
- Research and writes interviews and other features as required
- Liaise with authors to ensure timely delivery of copy and assist in the production of supplements, books, reports, leaflets, etc.
- Upload, tag and proof online content, maintaining and updating relevant webpages and online reports
- Assist with editorial board meetings and respond to general enquiries
Experience / skills required:
- Solid experience sub-editing and proofing articles ideally in a legal or financial publication
- Excellent command of the English and editorial skills with the ability to research, write and edit
- Strong organisation with the ability to multi-task and prioritise own workload to hit tight deadlines
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills with a methodical approach to work and a keen eye for detail
- Experience working for a membership body and proficiency in another language would be a bonus
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Applications ASAP, please
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
Contact: Karine Nicpon
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.