Instinctif Partners, Junior Insight Consultant
We are looking for….
A talented new junior team member to train within the business to develop strong qualitative research skills.
Truth is a global strategic consultancy specialising in brand, innovation, and commercial strategy. We use a range of research approaches to inform the recommendations we make to a wide range of clients to help them make better business decisions.
This is an entry level position; you will work across multiple project teams and methodologies developing the skills you need to be a leading qualitatively focused insight consultant.
You will have unique exposure to specialised techniques enabling you to develop your skill set, driven by on the job training.
Ultimately you will develop your skills to cover the selling, design, management, execution and interpretation of commercial strategically focussed research studies.
Skills and qualifications
- A 2-1 (or higher) Honours degree (Batchelors/Masters). We are proud to have a diverse team at Truth as a result we are not looking for specific degree subjects. Instead we are looking for naturally inquisitive and passionate people who can think analytically
- Prior experience in a related profession is required. This could take the form of internships or a year in industry
- A passion for understanding why people as consumers make the decisions they do and how brands can fit into this
- A genuine interest in the broad areas of marketing and brands, innovation and a desire to learn how strategy is designed and implemented within each
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable and confident talking to new people
- An interest in research techniques and ‘digging deeper’ into consumer behaviour and culture to find the hidden story
- Experience of desk research and analysis
- Ability to work independently when briefed by senior colleagues
- Good management /administration/ organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good and clear written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with a working office environment
- A good working knowledge of PowerPoint and excel
- Although this is a position with a qualitative focus, the successful applicant will not reject other, non-qualitative approaches and be willing and interested in all forms of data and intelligence for analysis
- Building a detailed understanding of the research process that underpins our work, from start to end
- Learning how, and then doing, each stage of different research approaches
- E.g. research and contributions to proposals, stimulus development, discussion guide design, fieldwork management, analysis, presentation writing
- Producing analysis and presentation material that can add value to the project and the work of senior colleagues
- Becoming a valued and dependable consultant on qualitative projects with a detailed knowledge of how our projects and the processes within them operate
- Inquisitive and culturally curious
- Positive mature attitude
- Team player (this is critical to fit in with Truth culture)
- Logical and strategic thinkers
- Ambitious and committed
- Hardworking and flexible, especially in relation to fieldwork
- Enthusiastic and down to earth
- A positive, happy presence in the office
- Confident and assertive manner
- Good sense of humour and well balanced
- Truth is committed to developing individuals at all levels. Truth has a bespoke training calendar with monthly events for all employees. In additional to this you will receive the following:
- A personalised development plan with relevant on the job training
- A dedicated line manager and also a mentor
Employment is commence ASAP, but Truth will be flexible to recruit the right candidate
- Stage 1 – Click 'Apply' and please send your CV and a covering letter
- Stage 2 – Short interview by phone with members of the Truth team
- Stage 3 – Interview in person with members of the Truth team plus a pre-determined task
- Final stage – Interview in person with a leading senior member of the Truth team