Euronews, Editor-in-Chief - Sponsored Magazines & Features
JOB PURPOSE & SCOPE
Lead, develop and inspire Euronews’ production of sponsored content in Lyon with responsibility to manage a diverse team of reporters, producers and journalists.
Now that Euronews and NBC have joined forces we are looking for an inspirational leader to help us develop and produce first class sponsored content for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have a TV background in journalism with a proven track record in producing feature shows of the highest quality for some of the world’s leading media owners and their blue chip clients.
The Managing Editor for Sponsored Content will need to be an agile operator, able to multi-task and manage a team working across a diverse range of content offerings from tourism shows to those focussed on technology, luxury and music.
This role will need someone who can be based at our world class facilities in Lyon and immediately strike a rapport with our team of producers, reporters and journalists. Management experience in television production is crucial.
The role will also be the key link between editorial production and our newly established content marketing agency based in Paris and London.
Your role, as the Editor-in-Chief, Sponsored Magazines and Features will be to:
- Oversee Production: Work closely with your Deputy Managing Editor and production managers to plan and manage all daily operations ensuring that the right personal is assigned to the right jobs to ensure we produce the best content possible. That means the right reporters, camera personal and editors are working together based on the particular requirements of a show.
- Think Cross Platform: All our TV shows are put online for people to view so thinking about how we deliver compelling content not only on TV but also on digital platforms will be a key aspect of this role. For instance, some clients may only want to focus on digital/social led campaigns or simply be interested in the Euronews app.
- Assist with Ideation: You will also be in charge of a team responsible for helping the content marketing agency come up with ideas and concepts for sponsored shows. Your attendance at brainstorms to help us develop world class content idea is essential.
- Client Interaction: Help the head of our content marketing agency manage sponsored content clients and ensure you work in tandem to keep them informed of how production is progressing. It is also essential we provide a platform for clients to air their ideas ahead of production starting in order to manage expectations and deliver the right product. Extensive experience of interacting with clients is vital.
- Track Show Budgets: You will need to work closely with Euronews’ production managers to ensure shows do not go over budget and that money is allocated to help us deliver shows efficiently and on time.
- Quality Control: Work with Deputy Managing Editor to put in place measures to ensure a rigorous process for quality control is in place. From subbing scripts to overseeing edits and making sure we meet expectations when shows are delivered. You will also need to offer hands on support when it comes to helping edit scripts and shows.
- Hire, coach and supervise personnel: You’ll be tasked with sharing your knowledge and experience of producing first class sponsored content to help train and lift the skills and expertise of our team in Lyon. You will also be in charge of managing a diverse team of talented TV professionals.
- Forward Planning: Work closely with the Head of News, Head of Partnerships and the Head of our Content Marketing Agency to develop fresh ideas for upcoming events and conferences so our sales team can offer potential clients compelling content solutions.
- Long Form Strategy: To date most of Euronews’ sponsored content has been short form shows ranging from 3-5 minutes. The ideal candidate will need to work closely with the senior management of the newsroom to develop new shows that will work in 30 & 60 minute formats.
- Plan and approve assignments: Work with Euronews production managers to ensure we are covered for upcoming productions.
- Compliance Knowledge: Be familiar with the rules governing the production of television programmes in the UK (OFCOM0 and France (CSA) to make sure we meet all compliance demands and produce shows in line with Euronews’ own editorial.
- Resolve issues as they arise: The ideal individual for this role will need a flexible approach to work and able to deal with issues as they arise and work closely with the Chief Content Officer and Head of the Content Agency to solve issues and offer workable solutions especially when trying to balance client demands with editorial integrity.
- Ahead of the Competition: Have an enthusiastic approach to sponsored content, be aware of industry issues and who’s producing best in class content with the aim of helping Euronews develop a reputation for developing, producing and delivering world class content solutions for our clients.
- Diverse Subject Matter: The ideal candidate will have experience of producing a diverse range of shows with a broad interest in a range of subject matters to enable us to produce a wide range of high quality sponsored content shows.
Success in this role requires an inspirational leader with a diverse experience in making feature television shows, especially sponsored content.
You will have a passion to develop new formats and explore new subjects that will not only help our advertisers achieve their communication goals but also give our audiences fresh and exciting content to view.
You will have extensive experience of developing new shows by brainstorming with your colleagues and then nurturing them from pre-production, to thinking of how to promote them on-air and online before overseeing their delivery and post-campaign analysis.
You will be collaborative; your role will be to galvanise the production team, working alongside creative and sales specialists to develop first class content solutions.
You will be a passionate leader of television production, looking to utilise new technology where necessary and thinking about how drones and 360 footage can add to the audience experience. You will be calm under pressure and able to handle overseeing the delivery of multiple campaigns.
A solutions orientated outlook is vital to help solve challenges as they arise. You will need to be a superb communicator and motivator able to inspire and lift your production team during times of heavy workloads and demanding schedules. A diplomatic approach to dealing with clients and sales team is also important.
The list above is not all encompassing and the individual who undertakes this role will be expected to undertake a wide range of tasks when called upon by Euronews.
- Minimum 10 year experience in feature show production
- Ability to operate in the TV and Digital world
- Proven experience as managing editor or relevant role
- Track Record in producing high quality television shows
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Proficiency in English
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Reliability and efficiency
- Attention to detail
- Fluency in French
- Ability to speak other European languages a plus
- Educated to degree level
Please complete the application form below to send your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and detailing why you are interested in the job.