Oath, Communications Manager - B2B Communications, EMEA
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Oath is looking for a Communications professional to join a fast paced and high performing PR team in London to work across our EMEA markets, including the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the Nordics and emerging markets.
This position will report to the Head of B2B PR, EMEA. Specifically, the Senior Comms Specialist will be responsible for driving the company’s B2B message to the media and influencers, working with a network of agencies across the region.
- Work with the Head of B2B PR, EMEA to develop and manage global strategic communications plans around products/executive thought leadership/client campaigns, in addition to the creative manufacturing of storylines between big announcements.
- Execute the local strategies for external communications, working closely with global and local counterparts within Oath and its agencies.
- Develop and execute multi-platform campaigns to build awareness in the trade, tech and business press and among industry influencers including industry analysts in order to maximize exposure around key company initiatives.
- Working with the Head of B2B PR, engage the business, product, marketing and engineering leadership to create leading and disruptive storylines in the press; proactive trend stories; POVs/bylines/opinion pieces, etc.
- Responsible for writing press releases, talking points, Q&As, briefing memos for execs, and distributed media materials; managing messages; and managing media related presentations and events.
- Work in collaboration with the wider internal comms and marketing teams on integrated marketing communications to ensure messaging is merchandised and threaded across the organization and across Oath’s social media properties and blogs.
- Help plan and launch proactive research (local and global led) and in-market initiatives to insert into the newscycle.
- Manage inbound press requests on behalf of Oath’s business, and help manage media and message training for executive spokespersons.
- Partner with broader global communications team to ensure alignment with Oath corporate messaging and establish best practices. Act as a bridge to collaborate with teams across all pillars including global B2B, Consumer and Exec comms teams.
Key Requirements & Qualifications:
- Successful candidates will likely have a BS/BA in Business, Marketing or Communications.
- Desired experience: 3-5 years in an agency or in-house role focused -- in B2B PR/communications.
- Ideally have experience in digital advertising/media business.
- Organizational skills; clear and strategic thinking with the ability to develop and execute multi-platform communications strategies.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills and presentation skills.
- Proven success working with executives on messaging, speaking opportunities, media requests, and internal communications.
- Ability to think creatively, approach communications from new angles, and manage both up and down the organisation.
- Strong journalist relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to generate business, tech and trade coverage – print, online and broadcast.
- Experience working for or managing communications agencies
- Passion for the digital marketing ecosystem and the pace of change in the space.
- Candidates who speak European language(s) a bonus.
Click 'Apply' now.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.