Bank of England, Senior Press Officer
The Bank of England is seeking an experienced, dynamic press officer to lead on public communications around the Bank’s financial stability work.
The Press Office is engaged with every major issue and event across the Bank – managing external releases and dealing with the media, and advising senior staff on all aspects of external communications.
This senior position involves:
- Developing communications strategy around the Bank’s financial stability role and advising senior members of the Bank.
- Building relationships with journalists and handling their enquiries.
- Involvement in the preparation and launch of Bank publications, speeches, interviews and other public events.
- Preparing media and social media content and working on new ways of communicating in order to increase public understanding of the Bank’s work.
Applicants should have:
- Significant experience as a communications professional or in financial journalism or another relevant field.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s FS work, and a strong understanding of its core purposes.
- Ability to be an ideas generator who grasps the big picture.
- Ability to express complex material in simple, direct terms.
- A strong sense of the issues and sensitivities facing the Bank.
- Experience in utilising digital and social media.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
How to apply
For more details or to apply please click 'Apply' now.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 11 December 2017.