People Management, Junior Writer
People Management, one of the UK’s most popular business brands, has an outstanding vacancy as a junior writer that would suit a journalist looking to take the first steps in their B2B career.
People Management’s award-winning monthly magazine has a circulation of nearly 140,000, and a daily newsletter that reaches 190,000 people. We’re an HR magazine with a reputation for good writing and hard facts, as well as visual flair and the ability to break stories.
All of which means this is a dynamic and hard-working environment in which to build your career as part of a team of experienced journalists. You'll be responsible for building our daily newsletter and posting to social media, monitoring trends, contributing ideas and writing news stories.
Key responsibilities include:
- Using our CMS to build People Management's daily newsletter, and posting magazine content to the website as appropriate
- Researching and fact-checking articles and building knowledge to contribute your own ideas
- Writing news articles under the supervision of our news editor
- Attending events and building contacts among the HR community
- Answering reader queries and undertaking admin tasks
- Posting to social media channels and helping develop new channels such as podcasts and video
This vacancy would suit either a journalist in their first role and looking to move onto a bigger brand, or an outstanding, recently qualified journalist looking to take the first step in their B2B career.
You will be able to demonstrate a strong portfolio of relevant writing and a curiosity about news and current affairs. Fluency in social media and experience in digital journalism are essential.
Company benefits include 25 days’ holiday, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, permanent health insurance, health cash plan and lifestyle discounts.
Based in bright, modern offices opposite Twickenham train station, the company culture is friendly, informal and creative, but with an emphasis on high-quality work.
Apply by completing the application form below.