Third Bridge, Chief Sub-Editor
Third Bridge is a primary research firm that connects investors and businesses to critical intelligence. In an information-heavy world, we have created new ways to uncover the most elusive market insights in order to provide our clients with a competitive edge.
We work with private equity firms, hedge funds, management consultants and corporations. What they share is a desire to access the most authoritative information from respected sources, and this is where we come in.
With six offices across three continents, our team of research professionals is at home in all of the markets in which our clients operate. And our deep understanding of sectors, geographies and investment strategies is matched by our ability to track down the best sources and ask the right questions.
The Forum and Intelligence businesses are currently producing 2,000+ interview transcripts and 1,000+ market reports per year out of our New York, London, Shanghai and Hong Kong offices.
As we are looking to double the volume of content produced next year, we are looking to recruit an ambitious and driven individual to build and manage a global sub-editing team who will be in charge of reviewing and editing all content released and distributed to our clients (interview invites, interview transcripts and intelligence reports).
The role is based in London and is reporting into the Global Head of Content Distribution.
As Chief Sub-Editor you will:
- Build and manage a global sub-editing team capable of handling our growing volume of global content (primarily transcribed interview transcripts in english or chinese and market reports)
- Hire, train and manage sub-editing team in Third Bridge’s main content production offices (New York, London, Shanghai and Hong Kong)
- Manage and review ongoing Third Bridge client email marketing content
- Set upcoming interview and seminar invitation marketing style and tone, and ensure this “house style” is used across the organisation
- Manage post-interview summaries review ahead of its distribution
- Liaise with the Third Bridge legal department to ensure compliance review
- Streamline the transcript production process, reducing turnaround of transcripts to less than 6h (for original language transcripts) and less than 24h (for english translated transcripts)
- Manage relationships with our internal legal/compliance teams and third party agencies including transcription and translation agencies
- Manage Intelligence report editing and legal review process
- Liaise with sales, account management and Forum teams to create relevant marketing material (coverage lists, case studies, product describers, compliance one-pagers)
- Organise the review of all content before its gets distributed via third party platforms (Bloomberg, Factset)
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Professional experience in a sub-editorial role in a major publishing business
- Evidence of building and having managed global teams
- Impeccable written english and highly developed attention to detail
- Working knowledge of financial markets (including understanding of material non-public information)
- Understanding of relevant legal precedents including freedom of press, privacy laws, libel, defamation of character
- Ability to operate in a high pressure environment with daily content release deadlines to respect
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take on significant responsibility in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
Click 'Apply' now.