Times Higher Education, Communications Manager
About Times Higher Education
Times Higher Education is the world’s leading provider of news, insight and data for higher education professionals worldwide.
Founded in 1971, THE is headquartered in London with offices in the US, Singapore and Australia.
Winner of the 2017 PPA Awards prize for Business Magazine of the Year, its journalists cover every aspect of higher education, while its World University Rankings are used by institutions and governments to shape their higher education systems, and by millions of students to decided where to study.
Times Higher Education are recruiting for a driven and creative Communications Manager to join their busy team in Central London.
Positioned at the heart of the team, this essential role will work with departments across the business, developing strategies and storylines and finding opportunities to drive coverage that promotes the business both internally and externally and protects the THE brand.
This opportunity will have a global remit with the successful candidate looking to develop THE communications and brand presence in numerous overseas territories as well as working to redefine how THE is perceived within our UK market.
To include, but not be limited to:
- Developing a corporate communication strategy and plan to give greater profile to THE's data and insights expertise.
- Conduct regular reviews of the THE PR strategy, agencies and regional focus so that we are making the best creative use of budgets.
- Managing the full global rankings PR activity:
- briefing and managing PR agencies
- managing production of press releases
- measuring impact of PR activity
- Supporting marketing activities, including:
- creating and managing an annual calendar of key customer communications, incorporating key product/rankings communications, summit communications and sales communications
- coordinating all communications across the business
- supporting branding team with ad hoc marketing/PR consultancy
- Supporting summit teams, including
- attending key summits as required
- inviting media/managing journalist attendees
- working with editorial team/digital editor, content team and host university to develop op-eds for PR purposes
- Crisis management and analysis of community insights to stay ahead of issues
- Working with THE partners to raise the profile of THE and support the company mission
- Developing relationships with key media to secure and grow media coverage both online and offline.
- Monitor press stories relating to the company and its brand.
- An experienced and professional PR professional
- Knowledge of best-practice PR tools and approaches across monitoring, distribution, measurement and analysis
- High quality, accurate writing and presentations
- A good eye for design and maintaining high standards for content
- Meticulous on process – keeping internal schedules, communications platforms and plans up to date
Apply by completing the application form below.
Tes relies on the flexibility of its staff to ensure the continuity of the high standards and performance, as such this job description is only intended to be a guide to the most regularly performed duties, it does not form part of the contract of employment and is subject to amendment and change as may be considered.