Credit Strategy, Editor
Shard Financial Media is looking for an ambitious editor to take control of a magazine and website that serves directors working at the highest level within credit and financial services.
Shard Financial Media is a publishing and events company renowned for producing independent, incisive news, features, interviews and analysis, as well as market-leading conferences and awards that bring together senior professionals from Europe and across the globe.
Shard Financial Media’s events, its flagship monthly publication Credit Strategy and website creditstrategy.co.uk serve a broad set of senior job functions in financial services, utilities, telecoms and the public sector.
Credit Strategy publishes its monthly magazine and website for a community that includes chief risk officers of Britain’s biggest banks, as well as their colleagues in positions such as chief credit officer, credit risk director and those heading up debt collection teams.
Along with board members within banks, Credit Strategy’s readership includes senior directors working in credit risk and collections in credit card companies, building societies and new, online lenders.
We also count among our readers those with similar responsibilities working in the energy, water and telecoms sectors, and those in high-level positions within central government departments and local authorities.
About the role
We’re looking for a bright, energetic, extrovert editor brimming with ideas to continue Credit Strategy’s reputation for producing first-rate, insightful content for its readers – in print, online and in person at our numerous events.
As editor of Credit Strategy magazine, you will be a creative person who leads the entire production process of the magazine from start to finish each month.
You will create design concepts for the cover, commission opinion pieces from the industry’s most respected commentators, hit deadlines and ensure the content is prescient and pristine.
You’ll be managing a senior content writer and working with design, marketing, sales and events teams to ensure the magazine, website content, e-newsletters and breaking news alerts are produced in a well-oiled machine.
You’ll also be expected to moderate sessions within our conferences, as well as conjure up ideas for podcasts, webinars and roundtables, then host them.
You’ll have the opportunity to shape an entire content strategy and take ownership of a magazine and website, and carve a reputation as an exceptional journalist and editor.
The editor position offers the chance to build a network of contacts across some of the most important power brokers in UK financial services – namely CROs at the major banks, CEOs within financial regulators, and executives at a range of other financial institutions.
The role enables exclusive access to those who can help you break news stories that will lead the national newspapers.
You should have:
- Several years’ experience on a prominent B2B or consumer publication. You will either be a deputy editor looking to step up or currently an editor hungry for a new challenge.
- At least two years’ experience of managing a production process, commissioning articles from columnists and freelancers.
- Experience of moderating and chairing panels at conferences, and hosting webinars, roundtables and podcasts.
- An excellent writer with a great instinct for news values.
- The ability to translate complicated subject matter, (financial regulatory or otherwise), into concise copy for the magazine and website.
- Capability to edit on page using InDesign and excellent subbing skills.
- Good management, communication and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work fast to hit deadlines and ensure website is updated daily.
- Good knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics and an instinct to maximise content opportunities on social media
What you can expect from us:
You will be working in a dynamic, young, talented team near London Bridge, in a fantastic, vibrant area just yards away from Borough Market and The Shard.
You will be supported throughout your career at Shard Financial Media, with guidance and advice from experienced staff on the sectors we cover and readers’ specific interests.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- A competitive salary DOE;
- 25 days annual leave;
- An extra day off for your birthday;
- Flexibility over in-office working hours;
- Group personal pension plan;
- A company health plan offering free medical and dental treatment, plus hundreds of pounds off various other treatments including physiotherapy.
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’re a great candidate for the role to Credit Strategy editor Marcel Le Gouais, by completing the application form below.
Deadline for applications is 22 December 2017.