Johnston Press, Digital Journalists (Leeds)
Johnston Press is recruiting several new digital journalists to join our team in Leeds.
Our audiences are growing rapidly online and we are investing in our
teams of digital journalists to drive our top brands - ranging from The Scotsman and Edinburgh Evening News, to the Yorkshire Post, Yorkshire Evening Post and Sheffield Star.
As a digital journalist you will be working in a growing central team, you'll deliver rapid, highly shareable, trending content to sites across our group and be part of a growing team as our audience expands.
Who we are looking for:
- Successful candidates will have a keen news sense and natural understanding of social media
- Ability to follow analytics, identify trending stories and come up with original content ideas
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced media environment and have the flexibility to work within a 24/7 rota, including evening and weekend shifts
- Be capable of producing fast and accurate copy on breaking stories
- Familiarity with social and analytics tools that drive both content discovery and creation
- Be a team player: able to work closely with digital colleagues specialising in data, analytics, video production and social media
- Experience of working in a fast paced newsroom or digital platform
- An understanding of how tone and news agenda impact brand values
- Previous experience of using a website content management system
- An awareness of SEO principles and best practice
- Familiarity with basic photo editing tools
- Good interview skills and a tenacity to find the right person to talk to
- A good knowledge of media law and the Editors Code of Practice
- NCTJ qualification or equivalent
- Strong writer, story teller and communicator
Apply by completing the application form below.