Time Out, Events Editor
Time Out is, and always has been, your best friend in the city. It all began in London in 1968 when Time Out helped people explore the exciting new urban cultures that started up all over the capital and we have consistently maintained our status as the ‘go to’ source of inspiration for both locals and visitors alike.
Today, we are bringing our hunger for discovery and our honest voice to 108 cities in 39 countries all over the world, reaching a global monthly audience of 242 million.
We are proud to say that we are now the leading global media and entertainment business that inspires and enables people to make the most of a city. If you want to know about food, attractions, art, culture, shopping, nightlife and travel, then Time Out is your social companion.
Everything we do helps people discover, book and share what the world’s cities have to offer.
From our powerful content and top-quality curation to the products and selected offers that can be booked directly with us, the solutions for partners to connect with our audience, or the imagination of our Live Events – we are global and no one knows the city like us.
Our global reach includes a massive online presence, mobile applications, city magazines, guides and more. Now Time Out Market is taking that to the next level, bringing the best of a city together under one roof in Lisbon, and in other cities around the world soon.
In June 2016, Time Out Group was listed on London's AIM stock exchange, raising investment to position the company for the next stage of its growth and development.
It is an exciting time as we are evolving this iconic brand into a digital, transactional business and continue to shape the future of the city experience for both locals and visitors.
Time Out is a dynamic, pioneering brand and so is our team. We want to work with the best and brightest talent because we work for the world’s greatest cities, the people enjoying them and the businesses in them.
As a truly global team we get to collaborate with colleagues from New York to Paris, Tokyo and Sydney and beyond.
We are all driven by our passion to deliver the very best of the city experience and by our belief in the power of discovery. Our integrity, passion, curiosity, creativity and openness make us successful and a unique team.
The Events Editor is a key member of the London team. They will oversee the Events team, working closely with the Deputy Events Editor and the Listings Editor to inspire and inform Time Out’s readers about the very best events to go to in the city.
As well as having ultimate responsibility for all events features, news and listings on the site, they will also be in charge of the Things to Do section in the magazine.
- Creating high-quality, inspiring content across Time Out platforms about London events.
- Working with the Digital Editor to ensure all online events content is produced to the highest quality possible and published/updated in a timely fashion.
- Editing the Things to Do section in the magazine.
- Working with the video team to create successful video content related to new events in the city.
- Working with the social media manager and CMS team to ensure that events content reaches as large an audience as possible through social media and newsletter channels.
- Manage the events calendar.
- Having a finger on the pulse of what’s happening in London; using contacts and social-media networks to be the first to identify the next big thing.
- Supporting the company’s commercial objectives where necessary, including writing about Time Out offers and events.
- Creating content that meets individual and team goals (e.g. volume, engagement, traffic, conversion, time on page, etc.).
- When required, serving as a spokesperson/quotable expert on things to do in London.
- Embracing Time Out’s digital-first, mobile-first philosophy.
- Acting as an effective brand ambassador for Time Out Group and an evangelist for our brand in the market.
Skills and Experience
- A strong background in both digital and print content production.
- Demonstrable experience in writing, commissioning and editing copy to a high standard.
- Experience of generating content ideas and bringing them to fruition.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise a large workload.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines, under pressure.
- Excellent grasp and understanding of SEO best practice.
- Experience writing tight briefs for external contributors.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- A clear understanding of the financial and functional dynamics of a global media business.
- Clear ability to collaborate across business functions and with external parties.
- A strong industry reputation.
- Flexibility and a professional approach at all times.
- A demonstrable desire to build a great business.
What we look for in a candidate
Time Out is a company filled with individuals as diverse as the cities we live in and cover. At the same time there are common characteristics we all share.
To join our team you’ll want to…
- Be commercially astute
- Either have experience at or want to dive headfirst into a fast-paced digital-first company
- Think globally
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Be a team player
At Time Out Group we believe in diversity and equal opportunity for all people.
We do not discriminate against external or internal candidates on the basis of age; disability; gender reassignment; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation; marriage and civil partnership; and pregnancy and maternity.
We believe that diversity develops creativity and enables personal and professional growth where we all learn from each other. We believe in an open culture where ideas are shared candidly and where there is no fear of failure, but rather an understanding that we must experiment and have the freedom to succeed.
We believe that everyone has the right to express themselves as they are as this enriches us all. We believe in an open world and the pursuit of happiness, after all, we are in the happiness business.
Click 'Apply' now.