Internet Matters, Digital Producer - 12 Month FTC
Internet Matters is a ‘not for profit’ industry-led online safety body established by the UK’s 4 leading Internet Service Providers, Sky, BT, TalkTalk and Virgin.
At Internet Matters we are passionate about helping parents get the right information to keep their children safe and are committed to getting parents engaged and motivated as well as providing them with practical steps they can take to help their children manage the risks they face online.
Our goal by 2020 is that Internet Matters will be recognised as the trusted gold standard for children’s internet safety in the UK.
We will empower all UK parents and carers to help their children benefit from digital technology smartly and safely by:
- Working with leading sector specialists to bring together the best advice and support tools for parents in one place
- Partnering with the biggest players in the UK digital industry with a common purpose to reach the maximum number of UK parents with the right advice at key moments
- Informing government thinking by providing a unified view of parents biggest concerns and reporting industry progress in addressing them
Launched in May 2014, our website, internetmatters.org, has had almost 4.5 million visitors, and we have over 50k followers on social media.
Overview of Role
As the Digital Producer, you will be a key member of the marketing team - responsible for implementation of website production across the Internet Matters site and management of social channels.
This role will also include coordinating production efforts for digital marketing and web-based projects; reporting statuses back to the team, managing website escalations, leading on monthly optimisation ideas; as well as supporting marketing where possible on SEO best practice and PPC campaigns.
You will be a critical advisor on the direction of the website strategy and work closely with the Marketing team to develop campaigns and PR and event support. This is a great opportunity for someone passionate about website production and producing high quality responsive content.
- Our Website: evolution, upkeep and optimisation of our website. And specifically this year, reviewing & overhauling the site navigation and respective content to adhere to best-in-class user experience and SEO. Includes on-boarding our new web agency and delivering an effective working relationship
- Use intermediate knowledge of HTML and WordPress to build design compositions and manage website content. Be familiar with AB Testing tools such as Optimizely and Visual Web Optimiser and utilise them to drive website improvement.
- Content strategy: keeping abreast of e-safety trends and news. Working collaboratively with 3rd party experts to curate articles or creative. Supporting marketing campaign activity with new landing pages.
- Internet Matters App: maintenance & promotion of current app and evolution into Teachers App
- Social strategy: continual optimisation of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn accounts with exciting new project to extend into digital communities and brand advocacy
- PPC strategy: working with our agency Fetch to ensure effective keywords and ad copy and leveraging key moments in time for a parent - across AdWords and AdGrants activity
- Support PR activity on site and social by adding new posts, co-creating articles, newsletters and other promotional content
- Brand guardian across our digital estate and social activity, ensuring our look & feel and TOV is relevant, simple and useful. And opportunity to work on brand evolution project
- Budget management and reporting for website, social, SEO & PPC
- Reporting & optimisation – daily/weekly/monthly reporting on KPIs and user insight
- Degree educated or compensating work experience
Specialist knowledge / Technical skills
- Expert knowledge of CMS – WordPress competency (including customisation)
- Expert knowledge of usability testing and website best practice
- Expert knowledge of Google Analytics or similar tools
- An understanding of HTML/CSS and high competency in Adobe Photoshop
- Proficient in management and optimisation of social media
- Strong content production, proofreading and editing
- Solid experience working in website production role, covering a wide spectrum of digital; Development, CMS, SEO, PPC, Content, AB Testing/ Optimisation.
- A proficient knowledge and understanding on how to meet marketing KPIs
Experience and aptitude
- Ability to present complex information in a concise, easily digestible format for stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage own time
- Willing to be hands-on and adaptable in the role, taking on additional projects for other parts of the business
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn, willing to go the extra mile to help transition business into maturity
- Self-starter that rises to an unusual challenge, and open to working in an unusual organisation
- Experience in not-for-profit and/or blue chip organisations would be advantageous
- Passion for learning more about internet safety for children
Click 'Apply' now.