TES / THE, Junior Designer
TES Global’s story is an extraordinary one: its digital community on TES Connect is one of the fastest growing of any profession globally, and it boasts a 100-year heritage at the centre of the teaching and education community, with offices in London, Washington and Sydney.
Today, TES Global has over 5.5 million teacher members in 193 countries across the globe and connects more than 72 million teachers and students. 4.9 million resources are downloaded from the site every week, 10 every second.
Home to more than 775,000 individually crafted teaching resources developed by teachers for teachers, this unparalleled collection helps to guide, inform and inspire educators around the world.
This wealth of resources allows education professionals to share and benefit from one another's resources and lesson plans, driving excellence in the education sector.
TES Global’s rich heritage includes the TES, Times Higher Education (THE) and TES Scotland magazines which are invaluable reads for all educators and TES Global has become the leading media provider to the UK education profession. It also publishes the annual Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
These are just a few facets of what TES Global does. For more information on TES Global please visit tesglobal.com/what-we-do.
Basic Scope & Primary Objectives
The Junior Designer’s principal responsibility will be to assist in the design and layout of the THE and its associated publications.
They will ensure that high standards are maintained and deadlines adhered to. In addition the Junior Designer will perform, when required, a similar function on the TES and its associated publications.
- To ensure that layout pages for the various TES Global publications comply with the overall design guidelines and are to a high standard.
- Display a strong picture sense and ensure, either through commissioning or researching, that appropriate quality images have been sourced for pages.
- Work with section editors to ensure that there are no holdups occur in the production process.
- Use Photoshop and other programs to produce images to illustrate TES articles.
- To be able to generate creative, engaging and vibrant ideas.
- To adhere to deadlines.
- To provide cover across the department as required.
- To be flexible to the demands of the products.
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other departments within TES Global.
- To attend meetings as requested.
- To comply with any reasonable request by senior colleagues.
- A Minimum of two years’ relevant magazine experience or equivalent.
- Diploma or degree in design or art-related subject preferred.
- Strong skills in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to visualise difficult concepts.
- Self-starter, high degree of personal motivation.
- Ability to work fast and creatively.
- Confidence and intelligence to question when something is wrong.
- Willingness to take risks with original designs and images.
- The ability to take responsibility and to work unchecked.
- Communicates well with colleagues.
Apply by completing the application form below.
TES Global relies on the flexibility of its staff to ensure the continuity of the high standards and performance, as such this job description is only intended to be a guide to the most regularly performed duties, it does not form part of the contract of employment and is subject to amendment and change as may be considered.