KPMG, PR Manager - Financial Services
KPMG has a busy press office which manages a wide range of issues. The team works to maximise positive coverage for KPMG, and to deal promptly and effectively with incoming enquiries.
Working with a range of internal stakeholders, from the Board and senior partners to marketing and internal communications colleagues, the press office ensures that KPMG’s viewpoints, insights and analysis are widely disseminated via a mix of channels.
- Work closely with the senior manager for financial services (FS) and corporates to support all areas of FS, including banking, asset management, insurance and pensions.
- Support in developing and executing the firm's FS media relations strategy.
- Provide practical support and counsel for spokespeople and internal teams looking to raise their profile.
- Work with the senior FS PR manager and sector heads to generate ideas for research and thought leadership that will help grow the firm’s reputation in priority areas.
- Use the daily news agenda to deliver timely, positive media coverage.
- Monitor and identify opportunities arising from planned features and special reports in relevant media.
- Support the firm’s global campaigns by tailoring relevant content for the UK.
- Maintain good working relationships with key journalists and arrange regular meetings/briefings for the press team and spokespeople.
- Where the need arises, work with the wider press team to manage firm-wide issues.
- Support internal stakehoders with social media.
Skills & Experience
This role would suit somebody with the following:
- Previous experience in FS PR either at an agency or in-house press office
- An understanding of the UK financial services sector and the issues it faces
- A passion for generating coverage and a strong work ethic
- A good network amongst relevant journalists
- An interest in business news and an ability to break down complex issues into meaningful communications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confidence in dealing with senior stakeholders and an ability to challenge and influence
- Ability to cope with multiple demands and to prioritise effectively
- Strong team-player with an awareness of the wider business priorities and structure
- Attention to detail
- Adheres to the firm’s values
Click 'Apply' now.