BuyaCar.co.uk, Junior Content Editor
Looking for your next step in motoring journalism and have a passion for consumer-focused copy? Want to work on BuyaCar.co.uk – the market leading car purchase and finance platform?
Britain’s leading automotive publisher is recruiting a new junior content editor for its fast-growing and award-winning site BuyaCar.co.uk.
The site’s editorial is a key part in bringing in-market car buyers to the site, with buying guides, advice articles and news that provide them with all of the information that they need to find their ideal car.
Reporting to the site editor, you will have experience of writing about cars for a consumer audience and will be ready for a responsible role as an online motoring journalist.
You will be using keyword research and your own experience to drive the creation of new articles and social content to support the site’s fast-paced growth.
Using CMS and photo-editing software, you will need to use your creativity to make the content as appealing and relevant as possible, with a keen eye for accuracy and attention to detail.
Not content with simply regurgitating press releases, you will need to have the enthusiasm and initiative to produce definitive and comprehensive content.
- Writing consumer-focused content around the car-buying process. From finance FAQs to advice on buying a sports car. You’ll need imagination to bring your articles to life, as well as easy-to-understand, jargon-free copy, plus an understanding of SEO to ensure that you reach the right readers.
- Producing new and used car buying guides which ensure that visitors are fully informed before making a purchase.
- Ensuring that content is up-to-date and accurate.
- Taking a lead role in managing our social media channels by scheduling posts that stand-out to our followers and coming up with creative ideas for viral content.
- Working with other brands in the Dennis portfolio, including Auto Express and Carbuyer, to share relevant content and increase the reach of BuyaCar.
- Primarily office-based: test-driving cars and attending launches or events is not a major part of this role!
We’re looking for someone who can be as enthusiastic about writing a car tax article as covering the latest Ferrari launch:
- Good, current knowledge of the car market and the issues that matter to buyers.
- A basic understanding of SEO and how this can be used to target audiences.
- Familiarity with online publishing and its tools (CMS & basic photo-editing is preferred).
- Ability to research and write in-depth articles that are genuinely useful to car buyers.
Click 'Apply' now.
We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime courtesy of us!
We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.