Asthma UK, Advice and Content Manager
- Do you have a passion for creating compelling content – from must-read blogs to must-share infographics and video?
- Can you engage and inspire across multiple channels and contexts – from health advice and policy to research and fundraising, YouTube and mobile to Facebook and chatbots?
- Can you motivate and help lead a team in a deadline-driven, multi-tasking environment?
If this sounds like you, the Advice and Content Manager role at Asthma UK could be just what you’re looking for. This is a great opportunity to join us at an exciting time.
What we do at Asthma UK really matters. The better, deeper and longer relationship we have with people with asthma and their long-term condition, the more lives we save. It’s that simple.
Through this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a real difference on a massive scale for the one in five households affected by asthma.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Advice and Content, and working closely alongside our existing Advice and Content Manager, you will help deliver Asthma UK’s renowned advice and content through our website, social media, emails, video, print and other touchpoints.
The role is focused on content planning, creation, quality control and promotion by managing team members and freelancers day to day.
You will steer the evolution of our internal content studio, working closely with policy, research, fundraising and events teams to sprinkle creative magic on their output – and supply winning assets to our media team to amplify proactive awareness campaigns and reactive stories.
You will oversee the production, dissemination and evaluation of health advice that motivates people to self-manage better and meets the requirements of our brand guidelines and Information Standard quality mark.
The role would suit you if…
…you have a strong track record of content production and management in charities, consumer media or agencies; are used to leading a team to deliver quality multi-channel content to engage a variety of audiences; and you multi-task at pace and to deadlines – with grace and enthusiasm.
You will need:
- A passion for our cause, and the desire to improve the lives of people affected by asthma
- An exceptional track record in communicating in an engaging way – not only across digital channels for many different consumer audiences, but also internally
- A passion and excitement about working collaboratively across teams and with external partners - and the influencing skills to make that happen smoothly
- Experience of managing people and projects
- Solid skills in content strategy, quality control and project managing multiple parallel work streams to deliver high quality to deadline
- Experience in creating and commissioning a wide variety of content – from video to web pages, email newsletters to infographics, animation and print
- Experience using or setting up trafficking processes and asset management systems
- To enjoy managing people; a drive to support your team to achieve great things
This is a great place to work
With around 80 people, we’re a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. We offer substantial benefits, including 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays). Our recent staff survey shows that alongside having a high-performance culture, Asthma UK is a great place to work, with excellent opportunities for development.
For more information please visit the Asthma UK website and to apply, click 'Apply' now!
Closing date for applications is 19 December 2017 at 8am.
First interview: 8 January 2018.
Second interview: 11 January 2018.