Cultureshock, Production Editor
Cultureshock is a creative media and content agency with over 15 years’ experience of working with cultural institutions and luxury lifestyle clients, including museums, galleries, art fairs and their partners.
We have more than 30 staff in our London office and representatives in LA and New York.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, calm and approachable production editor to join our agency team.
The role will be to co-ordinate the production of a fast-paced and diverse publishing programme: magazines, web content, books, data research and social media campaigns.
High levels of organisation, attention to detail and a passion for culture and publishing are essential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Instigating and managing a cross-company production schedule
- Ensuring that all Cultureshock print and digital products are produced to a high standard: grammar, spelling, style, style guides, accuracy; and that our products are well packaged (headlines, captions, choice of images and so on)
- Identifying and booking freelance production staff: sub-editors, picture researchers, photoshoot co-ordination and so on
- Monitoring progress of projects, including financial reporting (where relevant)
- Supporting the editorial, design, film and commercial teams to deliver projects to a high standard, on time and on budget
- Managing multiple style guides
- Implementing training where required
Key personal skills:
- A good team player able to persuade and lead by example
- Highly organised and efficient; always deadline-driven
- Pays meticulous attention to detail alongside the bigger picture
- Excellent communication skills for liaison with colleagues, contractors and clients
- Genuine passion for the arts and culture sectors
- Literate and numerate
Key technical skills:
- At least five years experience as a senior sub-editor or production editor, preferably on daily, weekly or monthly titles
- Experience of web publishing (including using a Content Management System and Digital Assets Management System)
- Working knowledge of copyright and (preferably) media law
- Excellent print and digital sub-editing skills (grammar, style, style guides, accuracy, furniture, search engine optimisation and tagging)
- Excellent In-Design, good Photoshop, good Excel
- Good knowledge of social media platforms, apps etc
- Experience of liaising with printers and preparing hi-res print-ready PDFs
Apply by completing the application form below.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.