S&P Global Platts, Metals Markets Analyst & Price Assessments Specialist (Dubai)
S&P Global Platts is looking for a price assessments specialist/markets analyst to develop and drive pricing and news reporting in the Middle East and portions of North Africa.
Based in Dubai – or potentially London – responsibilities will include discovering, launching and assessing prices for ferrous, nonferrous and precious metals markets, as well as reporting on market fundamentals and news from this exciting region.
The successful candidate, an Arabic speaker, will be part of a global team, ideally have knowledge of price information and market intelligence gathering activities and be comfortable writing about both news and pricing information and interpreting data.
This candidate will be considered a subject matter expert in the industry; being a team player is of utmost importance in this role.
The Career Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have opportunities to grow within the EMEA Metals team and the company.
These opportunities can include, but are not limited to, focusing on different commodities and commodity groups, as well as international travel to learn about global markets.
This region has been underserved from a metals coverage standpoint, but is an area of focus for our company, so success in this role will be noted by key corporate decision-makers.
The Team / The Business:
The successful candidate will be part of a global team, based in S&P Global offices in Dubai, or potentially at our corporate headquarters in London.
Three-plus years of reporting/writing/editing/analytical background. Experience in commodities reporting is preferred. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Excel is a must, as is the ability to speak and write in both English and Arabic.
Our Hiring Manager says:
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to further their career and help define and execute Platts’ content vision. The successful candidate will work with a motivated, experienced team. The culture of our team is fun and collegial and each member contributes on a daily basis.
Primary responsibility will be reporting on trading activity in the Middle East and portions of the North African metals markets.
This will include sharing pricing information in real time, producing analysis of market pricing and trends, identifying and writing news stories during the course of coverage and assessing markets based on physical bids, offers and traded information in line with our published methodologies.
Writing copy, producing graphics and publishing data explaining the trends driving prices and the reasons why we have assessed the price where we have is a part of the daily process.
Secondary responsibilities will include managing and building our database of contacts, identifying opportunities to improve our methodology or launch new assessments and representing Platts at industry events such as conferences or in face-to-face meetings -- further establishing Platts as a leading presence in the metals commodity space.
The candidate also will have opportunities to present at conferences, conduct webinars and podcasts or external media interviews. The candidate may be called on to assist with creating or editing content for other Platts metals publications, as well.
- Gathering, verifying and publishing commodity price information, producing price assessments and interacting with global metals markets
- Writing daily news analysis/feature stories
- Developing and expanding coverage of the global metals sector
- Serving as point of contact for internal and external customers in providing context around the copy, graphics and data we publish
- Arabic writing skills and Fluency in English
- A bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent work experience (Preferably prior training in journalism)
- Three-plus years of reporting/writing/editing/analytical experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to converse articulately across a wide range of groups and personalities, internally and externally
- Clear, concise writing style, strong editing skills
- Ability to effectively coach reporters as they develop coverage in the region
- Possess energy, tenacity and ambition to excel in a fast-paced news environment and foster that culture throughout our team
- Proven analytical ability and comfortable handling numbers
- Understands basic math, economics and statistics principles.
- Ability to apply basic math functions in Excel
- Experience of commodity markets would be a plus, but is not essential
Click 'Apply' now.
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence.
We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets.
Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.