Investors Chronicle, Deputy Personal Finance Editor
The Investors Chronicle, a leading magazine for personal investors, is looking for a bright, numerate financial journalist to act as deputy for the personal finance editor, working with the PF editor to plan (ie commissioning or writing) and edit content for the personal finance sections of the weekly print publication and the website.
As well as helping to coordinate the magazine’s coverage, you'll also be required to contribute tips, news articles, features and podcasts to the magazine and website, ensuring that the content is fresh, actionable, and authoritative, and that it caters for the sophisticated demands of our audience while being accessible to newer investors.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Coverage of the funds industry, producing news analysis, tips, features and podcasts on a range of investments including funds, investment trusts and ETFs
- Developing relationships with experts across the industry and identifying and managing contributors to the Portfolio Clinic
- Planning, managing and developing key products such as the Portfolio Clinic, the Top 100 funds, Investment Trust special, the Top 50 ETFs and building on these with new ideas for engaging audiences
- Deputise for the personal finance editor in their absence, producing weekly work plans and copy
- Copy and fact checking funds and personal finance content, to ensure that coverage maintains the IC’s high standards of writing and analysis
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience
You'll bring to the role....
- Strong research and interviewing skills, and the ability to get behind the numbers and fluff of financial information and come to well-argued conclusions.
- A strong knowledge of funds and investment trusts, an understanding of how they work and how to analyse performance
- Strong writing skills, as required to turn technical subject matter into readable copy for a private investor audience.
- Experience in financial journalism or equivalent
- Experience of equity markets or investment
- Experience editing copy
- Management experience
- Experience of producing multimedia content
Apply by completing the application form below.