Mott MacDonald, Media Relations Officer
Help spread the word
For a communications specialist looking to take the next step, this is a great time to be joining Mott MacDonald as we embed our exciting new brand across our global engineering and development consultancy.
We’re looking for a creative, imaginative and collaborative communicator to help spread the word about us across our media and social channels. The rich variety of ways you’d be helping us differentiate in our marketplace offers fantastic opportunities for developing new skills and experiences.
We’re involved in solving some of the world’s most urgent social, environmental and economic challenges. We help governments and businesses plan, deliver and sustain their strategic goals.
Our experts have taken lead roles in many high-profile infrastructure and development projects. So we have plenty of great stories to tell and we’re looking to do this in inventive ways that best engage the audiences we’re most keen to reach.
We’re after an enthusiastic media relations officer with particular strengths, and success, in traditional and social media - you'll need to be able to bring together all the necessary elements to sell a story, or develop and create social content.
As a key member of our Group media team based in our Croydon head office you would:
- Create and develop news announcements, with responsibility for taking them through all stages including: initiating/researching/writing/editing; securing internal and customer approvals; coordinating distribution plans; communicating internally and externally; and posting to Mott MacDonald’s corporate website and social channels
- Plan, create and develop content for social media campaigns
- Handle enquiries from national/international, regional and trade journalists and build long-lasting relationships
- Research forward features/media opportunities and sell in to journalists
- Monitor media and social media, share content and help evaluate its reach and effectiveness.
The rich variety of ways you’d be helping us differentiate Mott MacDonald in our marketplace offers fantastic opportunities for developing new skills and experiences.
As an employee owned company we believe that individual difference makes us more interesting too and ultimately contributes to making us successful. We’re not just an equal opportunity employer – in the last year we’ve won several industry awards for equality and inclusion.
We want someone who has…
- Strong writing (UK English) and editing capabilities
- A degree and some experience of working in a busy press office or public relations agency, preferably in a B2B environment and ideally for a professional services company
- Record of developing relationships with journalists from wide sections of the media and successfully placing stories.
- Used social media and internet blogs to deliver messages and thought leadership articles
- Experience in media planning, monitoring and report writing – experience of press release distribution and monitoring systems would be an advantage
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with a range of people, from graduate engineers to senior leaders
- First class planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workload, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to generate ideas, take initiative, self-motivate and work well in a team.
If that sounds like you and you’re up for a challenge, we’d love to hear from you - click 'Apply' now. Please include your three best pieces of writing and coverage that show what you’d bring to the role and be prepared to talk about them if we call you for interview.