Manchester United TV Limited, Social Media Editor
Manchester United Television Limited is looking for a dynamic and energetic Social Media Editor to join its global Social Media Team.
Rate of Pay: Salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience and the level of responsibility undertaken in the post. Benefits include (subject to certain eligibility criteria) membership of the Group Pension Scheme, up to 25 days paid annual leave and an Occupational Sickness Scheme.
Accountable to: Head of Social Media
The key responsibilities include:
- Planning and creating engaging Manchester United-related content for a number of social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LINE.
- Actively engage in the creative direction, and use analytics and insight to help define and trial platform specific style and content approaches that drive engagement.
- Weekly content planning, taking ownership of the content calendar.
- Working in partnership with the Head of Social Media to implement and deliver global social media campaigns.
- Working collaboratively with Marketing, CRM, Commercial and wider editorial team to deliver value on club campaigns.
- Provide extensive cross platform coverage during match days home and away as required.
- Document campaigns as case studies and communicate findings.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a social media role for a high profile editorial or commercial brand.
- Proven experience of driving extensive social engagement and referral traffic - and making a positive difference themselves in social platform performance.
- Experience and appetite to use analytics and data to support creative direction.
- Excellent understanding of how each social platform works, how content is created and posted, how to use platform functionality, and how users engage on different platforms.
- A deep knowledge of football, Manchester United and an empathy with global football fans.
- Strong visual and creative flair with basic Photoshop skills.
- A keen editorial mindset and a creative writing style.
- An ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- An ability to adapt swiftly to different platforms and content types.
- To undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with the Company’s Performance and Development Review Policy and to take personal responsibility to seek opportunities to develop yourself and to realise your own potential.
- Identify, implement and evaluate the training and developmental needs of staff that may from time to time be within your area of responsibility, give appropriate feedback and actively show interest and involvement in training activities for all employees whilst looking for opportunities to further develop individuals.
- Ensure effective communication within your work team and actively offer support and guidance as necessary.
Security / Stock Control
- Ensure compliance with all of the Company’s security, stock control, loss prevention and key holder procedures.
Equal Opportunities and Harassment
- Ensure understanding, awareness and compliance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies.
Hours of Work
- The employee is required to work 35 hours per week. The role is based around the football calendar so you will be expected to work flexible hours to accommodate any requirements to service the content production team, this includes weekends.
- Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level. It is a criminal offence for a barred person to attempt to engage with vulnerable groups.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Closing date: Friday 19 January 2018.
MUTV is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognizes the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in our work place.