FoundryFox, Editorial Intern
3 Month Internship
As FoundryFox's editorial intern you will be responsible for supporting the team with a variety of tasks and will play a crucial role in the growth of a new and exciting start up with ambitions to take on the biggest publishers in the UK.
- Contributing topical news ideas to the daily conference
- Taking trending news stories and developing them into features ideas and video concepts to interpret them for our audience of women 18-34
- Writing news stories and features
- Picture research and editing
- Contacting and liaising with PR's to secure interviews, access and experts to contribute to articles and videos
- Conducting interviews
- Transcribing, general research and contacting groups and individuals who can help seed our editorial and video
What we can offer you:
- An internship in a truly exciting start up environment surrounded by colleagues from Stylist, EliteDaily, MailOnline and MarieClaire
- Total immersion in the development and growth of a new brand from conception to launch (and beyond), with a chance to learn about every aspect of a digital publisher
- Opportunities to interview high profile talent and experts and to develop your portfolio
- Weekly mentoring and robust feedback and subbing to help improve your writing and editing in a live environment
Please contact Maggie Hitchins, FoundryFox Editor, by completing the application form below with a covering letter, link to a portfolio or two examples of your writing and a brief description of two topical ideas you believe would be perfect for the site.
Please also send dates of availability. We will contact successful applicants re an interview.
To inform, inspire and engage a generation of female fans with socially relevant content around: food, travel, culture, news, health, fashion and beauty. With a strong focus on human stories and original video.
To build one of the largest, most passionate, and engaged female audiences on the planet. To represent a cultural movement of females and be the mouthpiece for their interests, dreams and goals. To provide escapism, inspiration and influence and to ultimately celebrate a new generation of sophisticated, smart and savvy females on their journey through life.
Why we exist
There are a whole generation of females who want more than just gossip / social / viral news. A generation who share common values and goals. A generation who want to be captivated and informed.
The female media landscape is littered with traditional media brands making the jump from print to digital. Few with successful execution. Even fewer backed with original, story based content about human stories and real female interests.
Why we’re different
We’re the home for 18-34 females who are looking for something more authentic, real and unifying - celebrated through original, high quality content.
We celebrate stories, individuals and human endeavour where others focus on celebrity gossip. We’re not a legacy publisher with baggage - we’re digital and social first.
We’re about community - FoundryFox will be a collection of global fans, influencers, ambassadors and storytellers who all share our vision and values