Time & Leisure Publishing, Editorial Assistant
Time & Leisure Publishing is an independent, family-owned media company established in 1997.
It delivers local media solutions via lifestyle magazines, online, e-newsletters, events and contract publishing across south west London and Surrey.
The monthly lifestyle magazine has four different editions, localised to each area, and we have a vacancy for our Editorial Assistant position.
Time & Leisure Editorial Assistant
To provide administration, information sourcing and processing support to the Editor-in-Chief and the Editors and to facilitate the efficient and timely delivery of print and digital products.
Whilst this is a junior role within the business, it is critical to the effective functioning of the Editorial team.
It provides the incumbent with a wide and varied range of activities both in print and digital media and the opportunity to learn ‘on the job’ in a fast-moving media environment.
- Ensuring steady work flow for all editorial processes.
- Sourcing and processing/presenting data for the What’s On sections of the magazine.
- Assisting the Editors and EIC to source images for print and digital publishing.
- Coordinating and uploading content for the e-newsletters.
- Contributing to the writing of selected pages.
- Fact checking raw copy, and proofreading when requested by the EIC.
- Managing T&L social media channels to ensure on-brand messaging and timely, relevant content.
Skills and Experience
The role requires:
- The successful candidate to live in south west London or Surrey, or to be able to demonstrate a comprehensive long-standing awareness of the areas.
- A flexible and willing attitude towards supporting either the editorial team or the wider team in any way at any time.
- Strong organisational skills.
- The ability to co-ordinate work across a range of services and sources.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- The ability to work at all levels internally, as well as with contacts (often senior figures in the community) externally.
- A good knowledge of digital media, including working knowledge of, and experience of using, the main social media channels.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines without impacting the quality of outputs.
- Good creative thinking – to help resolve problems and to generate content publishing ideas.
- The incumbent will ideally have some previous knowledge or experience of working in an editorial environment, preferable in magazine publishing, but this is not essential if they possess the appropriate skills and personality.
This role requires a flexible individual who thrives in a busy and lively environment. They must have an interest in at least some of T&L’s lifestyle publishing areas (e.g. home design, food & drink, health & well-being).
They will be happy working in a range of ways – everything from focused working alone to multi-tasking with the rest of the team. They will demonstrate real pride in the quality of their work and will be a strong team player; recognising success is in the shared quality of the team’s output.
An NCTJ qualification or journalism degree will be looked upon favourably but is not a necessity for the role.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.