Good Housekeeping, Digital Cookery Writer
To grow Good Housekeeping Digital’s food channel through creating original recipes and videos and writing food news and features. Partake in all levels of the digital cookery editorial process, from producing initial recipe ideas through to recipe development, writing and testing, as well as assisting in food styling and video shoots.
- To generate creative, innovative and on trend recipe ideas in collaboration with the Digital Food Editor and as directed by the Digital Editor.
- To write, develop (cook) and test recipes for Good Housekeeping Digital.
- To test recipes with attention to detail and a meticulous, conscientious approach, and to communicate these findings to the Digital Food Editor and Digital Editor.
- To stay up to date with digital trends and monitor and analyse traffic data. Use this information to inform Good Housekeeping Digital’s recipe strategy.
- To assist the Digital Food Editor and Videographer with styling, filming and producing video content.
- Work with the Social Media Editor in ensuring Good Housekeeping Digital and Print recipes are represented across all social media platforms (Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram) creating content where needed.
- To ensure all recipe testing changes are added to recipes at each stage of the editing process to guarantee our triple-tested recipe status.
- To ensure all recipes are within the house style.
- To write food SEO features, news and copy, as required and directed by the Digital Food Editor.
- To assist with calling in props for styling and food shopping/sourcing ingredients for development and testing alongside the Digital Food Editor.
- To upload finished recipes to the CMS.
- To oversee the efficient running of the digital kitchen.
- To keep abreast of food trends, by staying up to date with the key supermarkets and food brands.
- To oversee reader queries and emails.
- To help/attend reader events when required. These may be evening events.
- To raise the profile of Good Housekeeping Digital within the food industry.
- The ideal candidate will have a Cookery Course qualification and be confident in all areas of cookery
- Be a self-motivator, team player with a hands-on, can-do attitude
- To have a passion for food and cooking - and be up to date with all the latest trends
- Demonstrable cookery editorial experience
- To be a competent recipe tester with a keen eye for detail
- To be confident in recipe writing and development
- To have experience at assistant level on both photo and video shoots
- To have experience in producing online content
- To be familiar with current social media platforms
- To be proficient in meeting deadlines and managing workload
- To have a genuine interest in the Good Housekeeping brand
Click 'Apply' now.