Real Business & Business Advice, Editor
Caspian Media is looking for an ambitious editor to lead RealBusiness.co.uk and BusinessAdvice.co.uk: two leading titles aimed at British small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs).
The successful candidate will head up a team of five specialist journalists and be responsible for setting the content strategy, maintaining our unparalleled website traffic and cultivating new commercial opportunities for the two brands.
Caspian Media is a company which prides itself on the quality of content provided to a demanding readership and the value given to commercial sponsors.
As such, candidates must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- a minimum of five-year’s experience in B2B media
- possess practical knowledge of producing sponsored content
- passionate about business and entrepreneurship
- an expert in SEO
- an experienced manager and leader of editorial teams
- possess first-rate communication skills
The editor will be afforded a great degree of autonomy and report directly to the CEO – as well as being part of Caspian’s Commercial Board, which sets the strategy for the company’s wider content efforts.
They will also be working closely with the head of commercial to create original and thought-provoking campaigns designed to attract sponsorship interest.
Both publications are ideally positioned for their next stage of growth, and our new editor will have the opportunity to define the strategy behind that and develop their own profile with the support of a well-respected and progressive media owner and content agency.
We hire people who understand and share our core values: agility, creativity, diversity, expertise and trust.
Based in a very friendly, bright office overlooking Chelsea Harbour (2- minute walk from Imperial Wharf station which is one stop from Clapham Junction and accessible from District and Central Lines).
- Basic hours 9:30 – 5:30 (but we leave at 5pm on a Friday)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Life Assurance after probation
- Additional 2-3 days’ when office is closed at Christmas (we won’t take it off your annual entitlement)
- Your birthday off for free
- Access to childcare voucher scheme
- Access to Ride-to-Work bicycle scheme
- Auto-enrolment (pension)
- Regular all company get-togethers
- Subscription to Perkbox for loads of discounts and free stuff (wellbeing, retail, entertainment)
To apply, please send your CV with a covering e-mail outlining your relevant experience, plus links to relevant published or written work to Ilse Botes, HR Manager, by completing the application form below.