Dewynters, Head Of Publishing
We’re Dewynters, the leading live entertainment marketing agency
Based in central London, we create ground-breaking campaigns that are seen across the world, spanning the fields of theatre, music, arena events, opera, sport, film, comedy and exhibitions.
Clients include the Royal Shakespeare Company, Nitto ATP World Tennis Finals, Les Misérables, Mamma Mia!, The Lion King, The Book of Mormon, Taste London Festival, Ubisoft and Marvel Universe Live! We recently embarked on an international new business drive that has generated clients in France, Germany, Sweden, Asia and The Gulf.
Reporting to the director of client services we are looking for a leader who is dynamic, highly organised and experienced to head up our talented publishing team.
The publishing department produces programmes and souvenir brochures for West End theatres.
The role is responsible for every aspect of programme publishing, and the successful candidate will be required to explore new business opportunities within similar fields.
- Managing the strategic development of the department – improving processes where necessary
- Overseeing the workload of the team
- Managing high-quality and efficient workflow on all projects
- Checking print proofs
- Client liaison including scheduling and pricing new publications, agreeing content and design (alongside designers and creative director)
- Liaising with the creative director regarding design and artwork, and also with dedicated publishing designers, and the studio manager regarding resources
- Liaising with the production department on the scheduling and delivery of print
- Liaison with theatres re scheduling deliveries – in conjunction with the stock controller
- Management of ad sales company and management of all flatplan and ad sales placement
- Copy editing, subbing and proofing may be required at times.
- Maintaining publishing archive and providing file copies
- Financial management – to include purchase orders and invoicing
- Experience as an editor at managerial level
- Experience of working at a senior level in project management – print production or publishing management, with client-facing experience
- Experience of working with artwork, print, editing and proof-reading
- Excellent numeracy and Excel skills. Need commercial/business acumen
- Confident, resourceful and an exceptional decision-maker with excellent presentation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, the ability to show initiative and enthusiasm
- Strong line management skills
- A team player, with the ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, in a busy environment
- Flexible working attitude, with the ability to think on your feet and juggle conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of the theatrical environment is an advantage
- Understanding of InDesign
If you think this job is for you, please send your updated CV and covering letter stating your salary expectations and why you are the right person, by completing the application form below.
What can we offer you?
We offer a whole array of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday rising to 28 days holiday (includes the Christmas shut -down)
- Flexible working
- Permanent health Insurance
- Career development and training budget
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity package
- Life cover
- Season Ticket Loan
- Ride to work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Champagne and Sabbaticals for long serving team members
- Christmas and summer parties
- Complimentary massages
- Complimentary fruit
- Five for Five social
- Friday afternoon wind-down drinks
- Complimentary theatre/entertainment tickets