Business Advice, Reporter
6 days left
- Full Time
Businessadvice.co.uk is looking for a new reporter to join its editorial team and help grow the brand – a valuable online resource providing advice and inspiration for British entrepreneurs.
About the role
A great opportunity for somebody pursuing a career in the digital journalism space, we are after a reporter with at least a year’s experience of writing for an online title and who is passionate about entrepreneurs and the British business landscape.
The successful candidate will be confident at generating new ideas, be target driven and comfortable managing and prioritising their own workload. They will be able to develop their own network of contacts in the small business space and use these to uncover original stories.
Preferred skills include an understanding of good SEO practice, awareness of HTML and some experience of video editing and production.
- Writing and publishing daily news articles
- Liaising with experts and business owners to produce advice-based features
- Writing micro business profile pieces
- Managing social media output
- Producing daily newsletter
- Ensuring content is optimised for SEO
Alongside these responsibilities, the candidate will be expected to represent the brand at both industry and in-house events.
Businessadvice.co.uk is a digital publication created by the team at Caspian Media, the award-winning specialist B2B publisher also behind Real Business – the most-read title for established SMEs and growing businesses in the UK. At Caspian we hire people who share and understand our Company values – agility, creativity, expertise, trust and client service.
Based in a very friendly, bright office overlooking Chelsea Harbour (2- minute walk from Imperial Wharf station which is one stop from Clapham Junction and accessible from District and Central Lines).
- Basic hours 9:30 – 5:30 (but we normally shoot off at 5pm on Fridays)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Life Assurance after probation
- Additional 2-3 days’ when office is closed at Christmas (we won’t deduct it from your annual entitlement)
- Your birthday off for free
- Access to childcare voucher scheme
- Access to Ride-to-Work bicycle scheme (up to £1000 loan)
- Auto-enrolment (pension)
- Regular all company get-togethers
- Subscription to Perkbox for loads of discounts and free stuff (wellbeing, retail, entertainment)
- Daily fruit box
To apply, please send your CV with a covering e-mail outlining your relevant experience, plus links to relevant published or written work, to Ilse Botes, HR Manager, by completing the application form below.
Apply for Business Advice, Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly