Leading Consumer PR Agency, Account Manager
Working for a PRWeek Consumer Top 75 consultancy, my client is a leading independent, internationally-minded and award-winning agency with a full consumer PR, social and experiential offering, specialising in food & drink, luxury & lifestyle and automotive & consumer tech.
Their clients span all corners of the industry, and include Lavazza coffee, Jägermeister, Virgin wines, Hena, Wayfair & Nestle to name a few.
This person will have a thorough understanding of public relations, events and social media in a management role, and will possess the skills needed to manage and motivate multiple teams and deliver results for client campaigns.
We are looking for the right individual to join at Account Manager level. You will be capable of thinking on your feet, getting people organised, and have the ability to combine a pragmatic approach with real finesse.
You will become an integral member of our close-knit, fantastic team, working across our food, drinks & lifestyle accounts. And there’s considerable scope for rapid progression for candidates who distinguish themselves.
- Build a strong, trustworthy day-to-day relationship with the clients
- Demonstrate strong ability to plan and prioritise own work, keeping senior account managers/account directors informed of all developments
- Understand the overall PR programme (and client marketing programme if available) in order to be able to plan and think ahead. Monitor campaign KPIs.
- Maintain quality control over work produced by account teams and check all written material before it goes to the account director or client.
- Motivate and delegate to the team and identify problems.
- Keep account managers and directors informed of all developments relating to client and media work.
- Nurture existing media contacts and identify and actively develop new ones.
- Be capable of developing relevant news angles for client campaigns.
- Participate in daily newspaper reading, identifying stories and journalists relevant to clients and teams
- Draft top-notch press releases, media pitches and comment, supplier/journalist’s briefings, features, press packs, plus background information sheets.
- Ensure clients give thorough briefs & ensure regular status meetings are held internally and with the client.
- Work with senior management team to understand budget and team time on the project.
- Manage the organisation of the event from venue research, recces, styling, branding, photo shoots, experiential activity, event styling and invitations.
- Proven experience in consumer food/drink/lifestyle PR role
- Exceptional writing skills
- Brilliant organisational skills – you’ll constantly be juggling conflicting client priorities
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional analysis and critical appraisal skills
Apply by completing the application form below.