Caspian Media, Editor
Caspian Media is a content marketing agency and owner of SME business brands Real Deals, Real Business and Business Advice. We specialise in both online and offline content creation, and have our own portfolio of events, working with brands to help them connect with their audiences.
As part of our B2B content marketing services, we’re looking for a skilled and enthusiastic editor to work across a number of our client accounts.
About the role
Our editor has both a creative and dynamic role in the content marketing process. So, you’ll liaise directly with our clients to flesh out ideas, proactively identify content opportunities, and produce high-quality content.
You’ll need to be a strong project manager who can keep on top of and continually update content schedules, and ensure that deliverables are met – with the flexibility to juggle content around when required. In terms of KPIs, the editor’s role is crucial in helping our clients raise brand awareness, generate leads and increase sales through content.
Working alongside our digital marketing executive, you’ll also contribute to optimising client content for SEO by conducting keyword research, uploading articles to the website CMS, and creating copy for social media posts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching, interviewing, writing, sub-editing, proofing and publishing regular client content – including short-form and long-form blogs, case studies, infographics, newsletters and video scripts
- Working with the creative teams to manage online and print design
- Liaising with key client contacts, colleagues and freelancers to deliver well-crafted content that is on time, to budget and to required quality standards
- Co-ordinating and contributing to editorial brainstorming and forward planning with clients
- At least three years in a similar editing role
- Degree-qualified with proven B2B experience writing for online (using SEO) and print. Video editing experience a plus
- Experience using publishing software (InDesign, Photoshop) and CMS systems
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and attention to detail
- Strong relationship management skills, with the ability to balance negotiation, compromise and persuasion
- Brimming with creative content ideas to support idea generation
- Interest and experience in writing about:
- Data, data capture and management, industry developments (including the upcoming GDPR) and technology trends relevant to a business audience
- Business events and how customer data is managed
- Private equity and organisational change
- Ability to work independently while being a true team player
- Excellent communicator with the ability to listen and get points across clearly
- Flexible and unflappable with a can-do attitude; comfortable multitasking a number of projects to meet client needs
Our benefits include:
- Basic hours 9:30 – 5:30 (5pm finish on a Friday)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Additional 2-3 days when office is closed at Christmas (we won’t take it off your annual entitlement)
- Your birthday off for free
- Life Assurance after probation
- Access to childcare voucher scheme
- Access to Ride-to-Work bicycle scheme
- Auto-enrolment (pension)
- Regular all company get-togethers
- Daily fruit box
- Subscription to Perkbox for loads of discounts and free stuff (wellbeing, retail, entertainment)
To apply, please send your CV with a covering e-mail outlining your relevant experience and salary expectations, plus links to relevant published or written work, to Ilse Botes, HR Manager, by completing the application form below.