Evening Standard Homes and Property, Online Journalist
A motivated individual with a good base knowledge of the world of property and interiors and the ability to turn this into compelling, reliable, accessible and shareable online content.
You will have worked in a fast-paced editorial environment and will be confident creating accurate stories from figures and statistics.
You will be looking for on-going freelance shifts and will preferably be available to work full time for at least the next 10 weeks.
The Evening Standard is seeking a talented online writer with a keen interest in property and interiors to contribute to HomesAndProperty.co.uk.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team and contribute to the on-going growth of the hugely successful property section and website to increase and expand our output.
Candidates will have experience of writing and breaking stories for a digital audience, proven digital production skills and an awareness of SEO benefits.
Skills and experience
- Sourcing, writing and developing stories to tight deadlines across all sections of the Homes & Property website, illustrated with compelling images
- Revising articles and writing strong SEO headlines
- Journalism qualification
- Pitching traffic-driving stories on trending topics and adding value to existing evergreen content
- Experience using a CMS, Photoshop
- Writing shareable content for and posts on social media platforms
- Assisting with day-to-day production schedule, including uploading print content
- Building a network of contacts and sources from the worlds of property, PR, interior design and gardening
- Experience using data analytics, including Chartbeat, Omniture and Google Analytics
- Experience in contributing to and growing social media platforms
- Experience in photoshop and video editing (or provable interest in learning)
- A contacts book of property industry figures, PRs, writers and influencers
- Practical knowledge of media law
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focused way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
To apply, please send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations by completing the application form below.
Closing date: 2 March 2018.