FTI Consulting, Consultant / Account Executive - Consumer | Strategic Communications
About Strategic Communications
The Strategic Communications segment of FTI Consulting is one of the world’s most highly regarded communications consultancies with a 30-year track record of designing and executing communications strategies for clients managing financial, regulatory and reputational challenges.
The Strategic Communications segment serves as trusted advisors to management teams and Boards of Directors seeking to seize opportunities, manage crises, navigate market disruptions, articulate their brand, stake a competitive position, and preserve their permission to operate.
Services of the Strategic Communications segment include financial communications, corporate reputation and public affairs, with specialty offerings that include M&A communications, crisis communications, issues management, litigation communications, corporate governance, shareholder activism, proxy advisory, restructuring communications, employee engagement, change communications, strategy consulting, research, as well as digital and creative communications.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment.
With more than 4,400 employees located in 26 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields including: certified turnaround professionals, forensic accountants, corporate investigation specialists, intellectual property specialists, former political leaders, former chief executives, Nobel Laureate economists, banking and securities professionals, certified public accountants, e-discovery professionals, corporate, financial and crisis communications specialists, chartered financial analysts and industry experts.
Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialized expertise.
FTI Consulting was engaged to work on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
A Day in the Life as a Consultant…
The Consumer Industries team advises both large international and small companies on their financial and corporate communications programmes encompassing media and analyst relations, stakeholder communications and issues management in the UK and Internationally.
The team has a retained client base of over 60 companies predominantly in the consumer industries sector including retailers, consumer goods manufacturers, leisure organisations and inward investment agencies.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Consultant with 12 to 18 months experience looking to develop their career in financial & corporate communications, advising some of the world’s biggest brands on some of their biggest issues.
We are looking for someone who is bright, energetic and with a can-do attitude, preferably with prior experience of financial calendar work that is eager to take the next step in their career.
Deliver to Clients
- Support on the management of clients financial reporting schedules and processes
- Responsibility for uploading company statements on RNS
- Manage client expectations and anticipate their needs
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure timescales and quality assurance are adhered to
- Ensure client programmes are agreed and project plans are in place
- Take ownership of research projects and others client / team needs to ensure work is delivered promptly, to a high standard
- Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Anticipate potentially challenging situations and evaluate alternatives with senior team
- Assist senior team members in creatively preparing and delivering the client programme
- Seek and support new business opportunities and produce fresh ideas
- Help the team expand the Consumer Industries portfolio through business with existing clients and the broader FTI group
- Proactively network with media and industry contacts, as well as potential clients
- Participate in weekly team meetings by contributing ideas and share client information with the team
- Manage team meeting agenda ideas and deliverables
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues
- Develop relationships with other teams within FTI
What Are We Looking For?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in a PR agency (or in-house communications role) at Consultant/Account Executive level is desirable
- Strong writing skills
- Posess or have the desire to develop excellent contacts with the media and analysts
- Experience in the Consumer, Retail and Leisure sectors an advantage
What Else Are We Looking For?
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting, client organisations and analysts
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Takes a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach, demonstrating high levels of personal responsibility and task ownership
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Experience of financial communications would be preferable
Click 'Apply' now.
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential