FTI Consulting, Senior Consultant - Consumer Finance | Strategic Communications
About Strategic Communications
The Strategic Communications segment of FTI Consulting is one of the world’s most highly regarded communications consultancies with a 30-year track record of designing and executing communications strategies for clients managing financial, regulatory and reputational challenges.
The Strategic Communications segment serves as trusted advisors to management teams and Boards of Directors seeking to seize opportunities, manage crises, navigate market disruptions, articulate their brand, stake a competitive position, and preserve their permission to operate.
Services of the Strategic Communications segment include financial communications, corporate reputation and public affairs, with specialty offerings that include M&A communications, crisis communications, issues management, litigation communications, corporate governance, shareholder activism, proxy advisory, restructuring communications, employee engagement, change communications, strategy consulting, research, as well as digital and creative communications.
A Day in the Life of a Senior Consultant…
We are seeking an ambitious and motivated consumer finance expert to join its Financial Services team in London, a growing team of over 25 professionals.
Working into an Account Director, in a growing part of the business, you will already be working in agency or in-house with financial services brands that want to reach the end consumer.
You will have a passion for creating and generating newsworthy stories that cut through and will be a lateral thinker when it comes to reaching your clients’ audiences, considering a variety of channels and outlets.
As a true team player, you will have responsibility for ensuring that colleagues senior and junior deliver to the highest standard for clients. You will have the opportunity to work on household financial services names, as well as building the brands of newcomers.
The Financial Services Strategic Communications team builds and protects reputational value for the full spectrum of UK and international businesses, from banks and investment banks, to insurers, asset managers, private equity companies, hedge funds and governments. We think holistically about the industry and address media, analyst, investor, employee and customer audiences from within our team.
Deliver to Clients
- Assist senior team members in creatively preparing and delivering the client programme
- Continually consider and propose new and better ways of delivering for clients
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure timescales and quality assurance are adhered to
- Manage third party suppliers such as researchers
- Manage client expectations and anticipate their needs
- Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Anticipate potentially challenging situations and evaluate alternatives with senior team
- Work with colleagues across the Financial Services to share innovations and opportunities
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues
- Develop relationships with other teams within FTI Build the Business
- Seek new business opportunities and produce fresh ideas
- Proactively network with media and industry contacts, as well as potential clients
What Are We Looking For?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in an in-house communications or PR agency role
- Strong writing skills
- Possess or have the desire to develop excellent contacts with the related media
- Experience consumer financial services
What Else Are We Looking For?
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting and client organisations
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team
- Takes a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
Click 'Apply' now.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation. Position Classification: Exempt