FTI Consulting, Senior Consultant / Senior Account Executive - TMT | Strategic Communications
About the Company:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Respect and Empathy its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and contributing to history-making engagements, read on.
About the Opportunity:
The Strategic Communications division of FTI Consulting (NYSE; FCN) is one of the world’s largest strategic business and financial communications consultancies; with over 700 people in more than 25 key markets. FTI works with some of the world’s leading companies throughout the UK and around the world, to provide expert advice to address their most pressing communications and business challenges.
In London, the Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) team is a leader in its field. With over 50 clients spanning the full technology, media and telecom spectrum, this team provides strategic communications support to a wide range of companies with an equally wide range of needs. Mandates range from the provision of proactive and calendar-focused advice to fast-growing AIM companies; through support for IPOs, transactions and pre-market profile building; right through to highly pressurised engagements such as crisis management, tactical campaigning, product launches and fast-paced corporate PR mandates for some of the sector’s largest, most disruptive firms.
Deliver to Clients
- Provide energetic, enthusiastic account team to support to a broad range of financial communications, corporate communications and M&A/transaction client accounts
- Manage client expectations and anticipate their needs
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure timescales and quality assurance are adhered to
- Ensure client programmes are agreed and project plans are in place
- Proactively take ownership of research projects and others client / team needs to ensure work is delivered promptly, to a high standard
- Support on the management of clients’ financial reporting schedules and processes
- Responsibility for uploading company statements on RNS
- Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Anticipate potentially challenging situations and evaluate alternatives with senior team
- Assist senior team members in creatively preparing and delivering client programmes
- Participate in weekly team meetings by contributing ideas, managing agendas and deliverables
- Share ideas and client information with the team
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues
- Develop relationships with other teams within FTI
- Have and be ready to build upon a network of media and influencer contacts, sharing helpful connections and ideas across the team
Support Business Development
- Seek and support new business opportunities and produce fresh ideas
- Help the team expand the TMT portfolio through business with existing clients and the broader FTI group
- Proactively network with media and industry contacts, as well as potential clients
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of a financial PR agency environment (or similar in-house communications role) at Consultant / Account Executive level – alongside a desire to build experience in corporate PR in your next role
- Strong writing skills
- Current experience of relevant media contacts and analysts, with the desire to develop these further
- Recent experience in the Technology, Media and Telecoms sectors within current PR or in-house communications role an advantage
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting, client organisations and analysts
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Takes a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach, demonstrating high levels of personal responsibility and task ownership
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Experience of financial communications would be preferable
Click 'Apply' now.
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.