Leading Architecture & Design Title, Editor
Onoffice is the UK's leading publication for the commercial architecture and design community, an authority on its subject featuring cutting edge workplace design; projects from the hospitality, education, and civic sectors, interviews with leading industry figures, and the latest news to its readership of architects and designers.
OnOffice's editorial includes trends in office interiors, reports from international design shows plus features about other commercial and civic interiors sectors where there is a convergence with workplace design.
This outstanding trade title has been recognised by leading industry bodies – winning one International Building Press award in 2015 and nominated for four PPA awards and two BSMEs awards in the last two years.
We have a truly exciting opportunity for a knowledgeable design, architecture, facilities management or property journalist with experience at a senior level to join our dedicated team and take the OnOffice brand to a new level.
Media 10 is one of the UK’s leading media owners, producing some of the most iconic and successful events and magazines in the UK, Shanghai and South Africa.
These include cornerstone industry events 100% Design and Clerkenwell Design Week, as well as popular consumer shows such as Grand Designs Live.
Our magazine portfolio includes OnOffice, as well as its sister title Icon, both leading business-to-business architecture and design magazines, market-leading in their particular sectors.
We’ve won over 100 industry awards in the last 13 years and are continuing to grow, acquiring/launching magazines and events each year.
- To create, develop and manage the editorial content, direction and substance of OnOffice and its brand extensions
- Managing the editorial team, driving ideas, new content, setting up partnerships and associations, and producing the monthly edition
- Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief and working closely with the art, marketing and web teams, to deliver and develop a leading business to business design title, ensuring that content is continually monitored and analysed to ensure its effectiveness to drive subscriptions and increase brand awareness
The Editor must be confident in taking on an ambassadorial role for OnOffice within the design industry. You will be involved in the brand across multiple platforms, not just print and digital, chairing talks at Clerkenwell Design Week, 100% Design and other live industry seminars and events.
The role is based in our Loughton offices, IG10, on the Central Line. Please do check that this would be a feasible commute.
- Experience working on a print magazine
- Specialist knowledge of architecture and design
- You have a portfolio of strong writing
- Ability to evolve ideas to the printed page
- Track record of commissioning and editing first class writers
- Excellent sub-editing skills
- Excellent organisational and personal skills
- Extensive industry contacts
- Familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to think creatively
- Willingness to travel both within UK and overseas
- To produce and manage all aspects of the editorial offering of OnOffice Magazine
- To oversee 12 issues a year on a tight budget with strict deadlines
- To research and write relevant copy for the title
- To attend events, shows, exhibitions and client meetings to obtain partners for the title.
- To commission and edit work from a range of contributors, plus build relationships with architects and designers to strengthen the brand
- To work with the art editor in commissioning original and compelling cover photography or illustration
- To oversee layout design and proof read all layouts with an eagle eye for detail.
- To create forward feature lists for each issue
- To help promote the title and to generate PR
- To ensure the website and digital app are up to date and representative of the brand
- To work closely with the editor-in-chief, advertising manager, marketing manager and other internal teams to ensure the brand is an industry leader in its market and a commercial success for Media 10
So, if you can take on all of the above with confidence and flair we want to hear from you! Apply now to Fran Lobel by completing the application form below with a brief covering message, detailing your salary expectation.
Apply for Leading Architecture & Design Title, Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly