Royal Voluntary Service, Social Media Officer
- Full Time
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative not-for-profit organisation that helps to make life better for older people in the UK. We believe that everybody should matter, regardless of how old they are.
Now, we are looking for a Social Media Officer to join us in a home based capacity, ideally located in Southern England or Wales.
This role represents an exciting step for both you, as a digital marketer and us as a national charity in driving forward our online presence and making a real impact on the online community.
You’ll have the chance to further develop your social media skills and drive content creation, uptake and digital communities.
As a charity, we do amazing work in communities across the UK, supporting older people, getting them involved and ensuring they can get the most from later life.
You will not only engage with older people through social media, but you will also raise awareness of the charitable work we do, help to drive volunteering initiatives and ensure our online presence is strong, representative and supportive of our efforts.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been waiting for where you can make a real difference whilst pushing your marketing career forwards, this is the role for you.
As a Social Media Officer, you will be tasked with building and safeguarding the Royal Voluntary Service social media profile across multiple channels. We currently have a presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
Your aim will be to represent Royal Voluntary Service in a positive light and convey our values, aims, messaging and personality to our online audience.
Through publishing inspiring on-brand content, you will grow our online following and get the issues and areas we want to highlight trending.
Additionally, you will act as our in-house social media expert and will guide colleagues in the management of local pages safely and effectively.
Your role will also involve:
- Exploring and developing opportunities across all current social media channels
- Maintaining and enhancing the social media strategy
- Promoting campaigns, initiatives and activities that we are involved in
- Researching and identifying content
- Developing a content schedule
- Interacting with audiences across the social media channels
Interested? If so, you will need:
- Proven experience of social media management
- Proven experience of writing effective copy with the ability to communicate on a range of subjects for websites such as Twitter and Facebook
- Experience of writing and posting on each platform, understanding the differences in audiences and measurement
- Knowledge of SEO
- Knowledge of tools available to gain insight into online conversations that maybe relevant to Royal Voluntary Service, what competitors are doing, best practice, and measurement tools
- Creative skills in order to generate imagery, video and audio content on Photoshop and video editing platforms
- The ability to manage optimisation for paid online social campaigns
Creative, results focused and excellent in the marketing field, as a Social Media Officer, you will have the ability to communicate concepts effectively and in a succinct manner. The ability to work to deadlines and achieve targets is also key.
The closing date for this role is the 23 February 2018. Interviews are scheduled for the week commencing the 12 March 2018 and will be based in London.
To apply for the role of Social Media Officer, please click 'Apply' now.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.