Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Digital Producer (London)
The ABC is looking for someone to lead the digital treatment of content produced by the London Bureau team and contribute to cross platform content for ABC News that engages and increases digital audiences.
- plan, research and produce timely material using relevant CMS and production systems
- regularly propose and develop original cross platform story ideas
- consistently produce and distribute engaging, highly-shareable visual journalism on social media and emerging digital platforms to acquire new audiences
- perform on-the-ground producing throughout Europe during major news events in difficult and potentially dangerous circumstances
- contribute to bureau production in the areas of capturing audio and video and writing across all platforms
- assist with bureau administration tasks as required, including booking talent and preparing budgets.
- you’ll have strong editorial judgement and proven ability to identify and develop accurate creative journalism
- accomplished writing and reporting skills
- superior knowledge of digital news production, including experience using content management systems, highly developed sub-editing skills and ability to deliver visually-rich news and feature content to deadline
- demonstrated experience in social media newsgathering, including sourcing and verifying UGC to produce original reporting during breaking news
- a thorough understanding of audience behaviours on different digital platforms, including social, with insights into the relevant storytelling techniques and content distribution strategies
- proven ability to utilise digital analytics tools and interpret them to shape output decisions
- knowledge of the region, including diplomatic, political, economic, social and cultural issues and events. Relevant language skills will be advantageous.
- strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a cross-platform outlet.
This is a full time permanent position open to candidates who already have working rights in the United Kingdom. No assistance with relocation will be provided for this role.
Apply by completing the application form below by 24 February 2018.