Parent Zone, Editor
Parent Zone is dedicated to helping families navigate the challenges of the digital world. We run the only national school newsfeed service for parents, delivering information on all the issues caused or amplified by the internet.
From cyberbullying to self-esteem and fear of missing out to sleep deprivation, our content is delivered via multiple platforms to reach those who need information on internet safety the most.
Our main site hosts the Parent Lounge, membership area and information for professionals working with parents. Our busy content team produces a variety of resources and projects for teachers, local authorities and our corporate partners.
We are now searching for an inspiring Editor, to be based in our Islington offices, who will take on a broad range of day-to-day hands-on operational responsibilities, as part of our content team, running our existing website and social media operation.
They will ensure our platforms continue to lead the agenda in internet safety for children, both creatively and accurately, to help shape a uniquely compelling editorial focus and deliver the expert advice and tools to help families navigate the digital world and keep children safe in it.
This could be you if:
- you’ve credible and extensive editorship experience, with an eagle eye for detail and accuracy – as well as the ability to spot the editorial angles that our families, schools and family professionals need
- you’re a clear and motivational communicator, able to work across the Parent Zone departments to deliver strong editorial and content projects, while leading our writers in delivering our editorial vision
- you are tech-savvy and have the skills to operate a successful website, including awareness of SEO, analytics and managing content in CMS
- you have the ability to explain your thinking on the social issues amplified by the internet, and justify your editorial decisions
- you want to work in a growing organisation with the ambition to be the largest provider of expert content to families in the UK and beyond
Over the last three years, we have grown significantly and have ambitious plans for the next three. We are looking for someone who is interested in supporting families and cares about the impacts of the digital age on family life. Someone who will grow our public profile, audiences and impact.
If you think you are a match for this role, and you want to be a part of Parent Zone's future success, apply to Giles Milton, Head of Content, by completing the application form below with your CV and a short cover note explaining what you will bring to the role.
Apply for Parent Zone, Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly