Freelance Events and Communications Manager
Want to work for one of the largest and most influential automotive trade associations in the UK? Our client is looking for an Events and Communications Manager to join their fast-paced and lively team. As Events and Communications manager, you will get the opportunity to work on a number of high calibre events, including an annual event which welcomes a high profile speaker and has been previously compered by big celebrity names. To top it all off, you will have the opportunity to organise and attend the company’s big international events.
This is a freelance contract, starting ASAP (by early March) for approx 3-4 months, and you will need to be office based 5 days per week. There is an option to be on the company's payroll or work on a day rate for your self.
As Events and Communications Manager, you will:
- Report to the Senior Events Manager and work alongside another Events Manger
- Be responsible for end-to-end event management – including sourcing venues, arranging sponsorships and inviting attendees
- Manage branding of the company’s led events
- Support the media team around media outreach with journalists
- Assist with key communications projects
A successful candidate will:
- Have prior experience of managing projects, events and external agencies
- Have an understanding of media requirements and the national news agenda
- Have the ability to coordinate multi-stakeholder projects
- Have creative approach to arranging events to assist positioning the company and the UK automotive industry as a leader in the global automotive market
- Be IT savvy
- Be highly creative, proactive and switched on
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Events and Communications Manager to become part of a passionate and global team.
If you think you are suitable for this role, then please send a copy of your CV by completing the application form below.