MNI, Eurozone Correspondent (Frankfurt)
We are looking for a journalist with drive and ambition to join the MNI Policy team and play a central role in providing insight and intelligence on macro economic policy making that is essential to our clients in the global financial markets.
Reporting to the Global Head of Policy, you will have a passionate interest in and a clear grasp of Eurozone economic developments that matter to global financial markets - from the workings of the ECB and Eurosystem of central banks to economic trends in the major Eurozone economies.
It is essential you can produce clear, concise sources-based reporting and analysis under tight deadlines and at a high rate of productivity. MNI's Policy journalism has a high and long-standing reputation for impartiality and integrity.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be required to interact and discuss the latest developments in your field with our top tier financial customers. Most importantly, it is essential you are an enthusiastic team player, with a keen sense of business development and a passion for your subject area.
- Based in Frankfurt (or another major European capital will be considered) and prepared to travel.
- Ability to cultivate a strong network of sources in Eurosystem of central banks and other relevant macro economic policy making agencies.
- Experience of breaking exclusive stories and providing incisive analysis based on an extensive use of your sources.
- Strong economic analytical skills and the ability to interpret the market impact of macro themes.
- Complete fluency (written and verbal) in English. Working knowledge of another major European language an advantage.
- Able to deliver in a real-time environment.
- Clear and concise presentation skills.
- Team player with strong collaboration skills.
- To provide a stream of insight and intelligence on key macro economic developments based on cultivating sources inside the key goverment agencies in your field listed above.
- Concise analytical articles aimed at top tier financial market customers.
- Discussing key themes in your specialisation with customers.
The right candidates will have demonstrated major talent and success elsewhere in their lives, whether at work or beyond.
What we offer:
- Major career and professional development. We develop, grow and promote talent. Each member of our small global team has myriad opportunities to excel.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- An incredible team of talented and passionate people.
- A fulfilling and challenging work environment.
For more than three decades, Market News International has provided essential intelligence that informs and empowers the world’s professional investors, economists, and central bankers.
Known as the gold standard in macro-economic news, our strength lies in providing exclusive primary information and insight from policymakers and officials worldwide.
If you are interested in this role, send your CV, a covering letter and examples of your work to Recruiting by completing the application form below.