Rhizome Media, Account Manager
Rhizome Media is looking for a news or PR pro to join its fast-growing team as an Account Manager.
Who are you?
Ideally you’ll be a PR consultant or a journalist with several years' experience under your belt.
Above all, you’ll be a self-starter with excellent news sense and a knack for building relationships. And you’ll make copywriting, story generation and pitching look a doddle.
Who are we?
Based at the heart of redeveloped Paddington, Rhizome Media is a PR and communications agency that helps businesses grow by building their brands in the media.
We think and work like journalists (the directors are all ex-hacks) and we pride ourselves on our ability to tap into the breaking news agenda.
Our clients include a huge range of companies - from start-ups to global tech brands - and our work spans property, motoring, technology, healthcare and financial services.
With all that variety you’ll be pleased to know that our offices boast a meditation room, table tennis and all the caffeine you can handle. We also offer 25 days of annual leave and a half-decent pension.
As an Account Manager, you’ll play an important, fun and challenging role at the heart of our talented team.
You should be a quick learner who’s yearning to get involved in a variety of tasks - including idea generation, writing press releases and features, organising and attending journalist/client briefings, crunching data and crisis management.
We work a bit like a news agency, so our office is a fast-paced and exciting working environment. For the right person, this is a fantastic opportunity to turbocharge your skills and play a major part in our growth story.
It goes without saying that you will have excellent people skills, be confident and articulate, possess a sound grasp of current affairs and polished writing skills, together with a nose for a good story.
- Story idea generation
- Running accounts and client handling
- Writing press releases
- Writing reactive comments about breaking news
- Pitching news stories and features to national, regional and trade media
- Organising and attending journalist briefings
- Contributing to new business proposals and pitches
- Organising radio/TV interviews and briefing clients
- Responding quickly and efficiently to journalist requests
Skills and experience
- Self-starter with bags of initiative
- Ideas person – both creative and news aware
- Excellent client handling skills
- Faultless written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable news sense
- Team player
- Good media contacts a bonus
- Enthusiastic and intuitive
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
- Providing direction to Account Executives
Apply by completing the application form below.