SquareMeal, Editorial Production Assistant
We’re looking for someone to help with the creation of content across our website, magazines, social media platforms and weekly newsletter.
This is a full-on, fast-moving job, so we need a highly organised multitasker who has an eye for detail along with good writing and editing skills.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced editorial assistant who’s looking to take a step up.
Who we are
Firstly, be aware this position is not for SquareMeal Restaurants + Bars. SquareMeal Venues + Events is a separate division of the company that produces a variety of content for the corporate events industry. Click here to visit our news homepage. Click here to see our latest magazine.
Our readers are corporate event organisers whose concerns range from booking private dinners for colleagues and clients in restaurants to organising large-scale conferences for company AGMs.
Our products provide news, inspiration and expertise on venues and event suppliers. We also publish one weddings magazine and one corporate Christmas parties magazine a year, again with a central focus on venues.
- Assist in the research, organisation and production of content across all our media.
- Write news, small features, reviews and listicles across all our media.
- Organise and delegate incoming event invites, while liaising with relevant team members on the resultant content.
- Editing and sub-editing client reviews and other small articles.
- Managing our image library, sourcing images externally, and updating images on our website.
- Regular liaison with PRs, our clients and our commercial team via email, on the phone and in person.
- Regular publishing of content on social media.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working on an editorial team.
- Proven ability to write clean, concise copy.
- Proven ability to edit and sub-edit copy.
- A nose for what makes interesting, click-worthy, topical content.
- Highly organised, diligent and confident on the phone.
- Pro-active, positive attitude with a willingness to muck in.
- Willing to attend launches and other London-based events in the evening.
How to apply
(If any of the below are missing you will be immediately discounted.)
- Send a concise CV by completing the application form below.
- Include a covering letter describing why you are appropriate for this job (we want to see evidence you have researched the product).
- Attach two recently written articles – or write two new ones for us.
- List some of your passions and/or pastimes. (Give us more than ‘eating in restaurants and seeing friends’ please.)
If you have any questions, call Damien Gabet directly on 020 7840 6291.