FTI Consulting, Senior Account Executive - Public Affairs | Strategic Communications
About The Opportunity:
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting is one of the world's most highly regarded communications consultancies.
We offer a broad base of disciplines across a variety of specialist sectors including financial services, retail and consumer, digital, natural resources, energy, public affairs, real estate, professional services, technology media telecoms (TMT) and life sciences.
We are currently looking for a Senior Consultant to join our growing public affairs team in London.
Working in the London public affairs team would provide not just exposure to the UK market, but to multinational public affairs campaigns and issues. We work in multiple sectors – from energy, to financial services, to TMT – and integrate our campaigns with multiple specialisms across the FTI business.
1) Client services
- Support delivery of client programmes
- Deliver research proposals
- Monitoring and sector intelligence gathering
- Develop expertise in client sectors
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure timescales and quality assurance are adhered to
- Manage client expectations and anticipate their needs
- Exemplary service delivery
- Anticipate potentially challenging situations and evaluate alternatives with senior team
- Assist senior team members in creatively preparing and delivering client programmes
2) Support business development
- Support new business opportunities and produce fresh ideas
- Work with the broader FTI group in new business opportunities
- Proactively network with political, media and industry contacts, as well as potential clients
3) Team Involvement
- Develop strong relations within the public affairs team, and the broader strategic communications and FTI teams
- Help support a friendly and enjoyable working atmosphere
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working in politics and/or public affairs
- Experience working in an in-house communications or agency role is useful, but not a requirement
- Possess or have the desire to develop excellent contacts within business, communications and politics
- Have the desire to build skills and a career in one of the world’s most successful business advisory and communication agencies
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook experience
- Strong interesting and understanding of UK and international politics
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting and with clients
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team
- Pragmatic and a ‘can do’ approach
Click 'Apply' now.
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ABOUT FTI CONSULTING:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2016.