NCS Trust, PR Associate
Organisation and programme
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a once in a lifetime experience for 16 and 17 year olds – they take part in outdoor activities, meet new people and have the chance to give something back to their communities.
Through NCS, their confidence grows as they learn new skills that they can put on CVs and university and college applications. NCS runs across England and Ireland in the summer and during academic breaks in autumn and spring.
It exists to help tackle some of the biggest social challenges in our country:
- Social cohesion: Bringing our country together by building stronger, more integrated communities and fostering understanding between young people from different backgrounds.
- Social mobility: Building essential skills for life and work, investing in our country’s future talent.
- Social engagement: Engaging young people in social action in their communities and the democratic process, building their understanding of their responsibilities as citizens.
NCS is a Non-Profit Community Interest Company established by the Cabinet Office to drive and deliver the NCS Programme. NCS has grown rapidly since the Programme was piloted and to date almost 400,000 16 and 17 year olds have taken part.
NCS is headed by a dynamic Chief Executive Officer, Michael Lynas, who has contributed to the creation of the vision and early delivery of the Programme which Government now requires to be expanded exponentially over the next five years.
Current annual turnover exceeds £200M GBP. NCS is in the process of becoming a Royal Charter Body. David Cameron has recently been appointed the Chair of the Patrons.
We are looking to recruit a talented PR Associate to join our growing PR and Communications Team. This critical role presents a perfect opportunity for a passionate professional seeking a new challenge.
You’ll be responsible for the management of our newly formed in-house press office which underpins our PR and communications strategy to engage parent/guardians, young people and key stakeholders in NCS.
In addition to drive further support of NCS you will work with our Corporate Comms Manager and PR Assistant to manage our corporate social media channels, driving awareness of NCS and ensuring key stakeholders are engaged.
This is a superb opportunity for a solid Senior Account Executive/Junior Account Manager or an established Press Officer looking for development.
Reporting into the Head of PR and Corporate Communications, the ideal candidate will bring enthusiasm, drive, creativity to develop and be the first port of call for our newly formed in house press office and corporate social media channels.
You will have:
- Experience working at an agency leading on a medium-paced consumer and/or corporate press office and low level community management
- A strong teamwork ethic
- Knowledge of a wide range of media (national, regional, consumer, online) with excellent national media contacts
- Community management experience and the ability to tailor content for social media channels
- The ability to work on your own initiative, highly self-motivated and be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Be able to develop relationships across the Trust to ensure comprehensive
- support for the launch of new initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing PR at events and liaising with event management teams
- Great organisational skills with experience of managing a range of tasks and projects with competing deadlines
- Experience of managing a junior team member
Press office and campaigns
- Assist the in house PR team to develop creative PR plans to drive awareness of NCS and support each phase of the the programme
- Draft copy, press releases, PR content and reactive statements in a timely manner
- Work closely with our consumer and corporate agency partners to proactively secure positive editorial coverage through case study placement, news and feature generation
- Project manage small media relation projects and campaigns
- Establish strong working relationships with a wide range of media and respond to media enquiries in a timely manner
- Monitor the media, in partnership with monitoring agencies, to identify opportunities, allies and detractors for the programme
- Contribute to the wider communications programme as required, liaising in particular with the marketing, social and stakeholder teams
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of the emerging news agenda and align communications activities to respond to high-profile media interest to uphold the reputation of the Trust and maintain confidence amongst key stakeholder groups
- Work closely with PR assistant to oversee case study database
- Work with the wider PR and Comms Team to develop a clear strategy to ensure corporate stakeholders, partners and advocates are engaged
- Co-create a monthly content calendar ensuring content is tailored to corporate audiences, working closely with the wider PR and comms team and our in house social media and content teams as needed
- Moderate and engage with the community weekly
- Brief in and oversee delivery of bespoke social creative assets e.g infographics
- Create insightful monthly reports that help to drive change and improvement to NCS’ corporate social media performance
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter by completing the application form below. Your cover letter should:
- Outline how you satisfy the specific requirements we list above
- Say what attracts you to us and this role
- What makes you the right candidate for this role
Please note there will be two rounds of interview for this position, including a written task.
NCS is an Equal Opportunities Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion.
Apply for NCS Trust, PR Associate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly