NCS Trust, PR Assistant
Organisation and programme
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a once in a lifetime experience for 16 and 17 year olds – they take part in outdoor activities, meet new people and have the chance to give something back to their communities.
Through NCS, their confidence grows as they learn new skills that they can put on CVs and university and college applications. NCS runs across England and Ireland in the summer and during academic breaks in autumn and spring.
It exists to help tackle some of the biggest social challenges in our country:
- Social cohesion: Bringing our country together by building stronger, more integrated communities and fostering understanding between young people from different backgrounds.
- Social mobility: Building essential skills for life and work, investing in our country’s future talent.
- Social engagement: Engaging young people in social action in their communities and the democratic process, building their understanding of their responsibilities as citizens.
NCS is a Non-Profit Community Interest Company established by the Cabinet Office to drive and deliver the NCS Programme. NCS has grown rapidly since the Programme was piloted and to date almost 400,000 16 and 17 year olds have taken part.
NCS is headed by a dynamic Chief Executive Officer, Michael Lynas, who has contributed to the creation of the vision and early delivery of the Programme which Government now requires to be expanded exponentially over the next five years.
Current annual turnover exceeds £200M GBP. NCS is in the process of becoming a Royal Charter Body. David Cameron has recently been appointed the Chair of the Patrons.
We are looking to recruit a talented PR Assistant to join our growing PR and
This brand new, critical role presents a perfect opportunity for a passionate graduate seeking a new challenge.
You’ll assist our newly formed in-house press office which underpins our PR and communications strategy to engage parent/guardians, young people and key stakeholders in NCS.
In addition you’ll support the PR and Comms Team with the management of our corporate social media channels, driving awareness of NCS and ensuring key stakeholders are engaged.
This is an entry-level position, ideal for a confident graduate who has some work experience or who has previously completed an internship within a PR or social media agency.
With some media relations experience ideal but not essential, and a
passion for social media you will bring enthusiasm, drive and creativity to this newly created role.
You will have:
- Work experience in a public relations setting, gained as a result of a structured internship, ideally within an agency setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to understand the media landscape and build relationships with
- Passion for social media and influencers
- Excellent organisational skills with some experience of managing a range of tasks
- The ability to work on your own initiative, highly self-motivated and be able to work under pressure
- Be keen to develop relationships across the Trust
- Assist the PR Team in drafting copy and PR content
- Monitor and track media coverage using in-house media monitoring systems and deliver weekly reports
- Build your media relations skills, maintaining an awareness and understanding of the emerging news agenda
- Oversee and manage the case study database
- Support the wider team with community management
- Day to today administration of the in-house press office
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter by completing the application form below. Your cover letter should:
- Outline how you satisfy the specific requirements we list above
- Say what attracts you to us and this rol
- What makes you the right candidate for this role
Please note there will be two rounds of interview for this position including a written task.
NCS is an Equal Opportunities Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion.
Apply for NCS Trust, PR Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly