Old Mutual Wealth, International Corporate Communications Manager
Old Mutual Wealth is a leading wealth management business in the UK and internationally, helping to create prosperity for the generations of today and tomorrow.
It has an adviser and customer offering spanning:
- Financial advice delivered by the Intrinsic network in the UK and AAM Advisory in Singapore
- Platform based wealth management and protection products delivered by Old Mutual Wealth in the UK and Old Mutual International globally
- Asset management solutions delivered by Old Mutual Global Investors and Old Mutual Multi Asset
- Discretionary investment management delivered by Quilter Cheviot
Old Mutual Wealth oversees £123.5 billion in customer investments (as at 31 December 2016).
Old Mutual Wealth is part of Old Mutual plc, a FTSE 100 group that provides life assurance, asset management, banking and general insurance. Old Mutual is trusted by more than 19.4 million customers across the world and has a total of £394.9 billion of assets under management (as at 31 December 2016).
For more information regarding Old Mutual Wealth click here.
Main purpose of role:
The purpose of this role is to manage the Old Mutual Wealth Group’s corporate communications activity, with a focus on the Old Mutual International, working with the media to build a positive market reputation for the businesses that reflects its strategic plans and positioning.
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
- Ensure Old Mutual International’s public relations strategy, plans and activities are fully aligned and supportive of the businesses overall strategic plans and ongoing sales and marketing activity for each International region (UK, Singapore & Hong Kong, Middle East).
- Build awareness and reputation of the Old Mutual International (OMI) in key media in each region
- Accountable for the connectivity and alignment of the International communications with the broader OMW communications initiatives and developments
- Ensuring efficient leverage of OMW’s communication capabilities and expertise, working closely and in collaboration with the other team members
- Lead planning of new product launches, working closely with the product and marketing teams
- Consider and support OMW/OMI internal communications, leveraging OMW resources for support
- Design and produce research to support communication campaigns and media coverage
- Manage relationships with key spokespeople and hold regular planning meetings
- Oversee mitigation of any risks that could impact OMI’s reputation and be a point of contact for crisis management situations that require proactive media or communication responses.
- Support the wider OMW strategy, including its values, standards and policies
Key Behavioural Skills:
The International Corporate Communications Manager will be expected to embody the core OMW values:
- Act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence
- Ensure customer outcomes are the focus of our business and we are respected by regulators
- Collaborate with peers across the organisation
- Share openly and be transparent
- Adopt a responsible approach
- Maintain our entrepreneurial culture
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Lead by example
Other key skills required are:
- Credible, professional individual with strong personal integrity
- Communicating with clarity and consideration, with strong written and presentation skills
- Delivery focused with high energy and drive
- Strong interpersonal capabilities in relationship management, negotiation and communication
- Strong team player able to work effectively cross functions and businesses
- Able to deliver and delegate through others, while ensuring that goals and deadlines are met
- Degree qualified or equivalent business experience
- Proven PR campaigner with strong wealth management or adviser distribution market experience
- Strong relationships with media and agencies; knows and is known and trusted by the press