Telegraph Media Group, China Correspondent
3 days left
- Full Time
The Telegraph has an exciting opportunity for a China Correspondent to join the Foreign Desk.
This role will provide an experienced journalist with the chance to be based in China, covering China both online and in print.
- Responsible for providing the Telegraph's coverage of China both in print and online.
- Writing breaking news stories and also providing relevant longer form pieces, including comment and features.
- Reacting to the demands of a 24/7 online news environment.
- Interested in digital storytelling and the use of analytics and social media to develop and retain an online audience.
- Ability to manage a small team of assistants and stringers.
Specific requirements & skills
- Significant journalistic experience of writing and editing for a newspaper or website.
- Deep knowledge of and curiosity about China.
- Experience of working overseas is a benefit and the ability to speak fluent Mandarin will be an advantage.
- Proven ability in filing clean copy to strict deadlines.
- Experienced in both breaking news and working on longer pieces, projects, comments and features, for foreign and business sections.
- Interest in and knowledge of multimedia storytelling.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and work autonomously in a remote location.
Click 'Apply' now.