Global Blue, Assistant Russian Editor
Assistant Russian Editor is an integral role for Global Blue, responsible for delivering and overseeing all Russian editorial content for Global Blue’s digital channels as well overseeing the native content and helping to manage our relationship with key Russian agencies and partner businesses.
The role also has some advisory aspects, as the Russian team is on hand to members of the senior management team to advise and inform on aspects of Russian shopping behaviour, intelligence insight and other cultural information.
The successful candidate will oversee all Russian digital content, rigorously adhering to the production and editorial calendars.
Some typical day-to-day activities will include: planning online editorial content, sourcing images from PRs, sub-editing and checking copy of your direct reports and working with Google Analytics and internal Dashboard.
He or she will be responsible for delivering weekly online traffic targets; commissioning, writing and sub-editing relevant and engaging content and helping to oversee the translation and sub-editing of SHOP magazine’s Russian editorial sections and Global Blue’s corporate promotional materials.
They will be responsible for maintaining the high editorial standards of Global Blue, developing relationships with relevant PR contacts, liaising with Global Blue’s international sales offices to aid business relationships and taking a leading role in the evolution of Russian content across Global Blue’s digital channels.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the editorial section of Global Blue’s Russian website: create, translate, commission and sub-edit copy on a daily basis
- Oversee the Russian branded content and make suggestions about bespoke branded content that will particularly appeal to the Russian audience.
- Dictate seasonal themes for the online editorial calendar, ensuring that editorial stories work for the season and Global Blue’s high end target readership
- Manage and update the online editorial calendar on a weekly and monthly basis
- Update the Russian social media calendar and sites as needed.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met and the copy is delivered to a high standard.
- Deliver online weekly and monthly traffic targets established by Digital department
- Maintain relationships with PRs and brands: regularly featuring advertisers and partner brands, as well as attending industry events such as press days and international Fashion Weeks.
- Ensure all content is delivered on time according to the SHOP magazine schedule and globalblue.ru content calendar.
- Oversee budgets and manage translation and staff spending
Relates to/cooperates with
- Communicate directly with Russian editor and the Editor-in-Chief with regular updates, progress reports, strategy and financials/budget
- Work closely with the Digital Team, establishing targets, best and worst-performed articles, as well communicating about any other digital activities, such as campaigns and engagement exercises
Minimum skills requirements
- Russian as a first language is a must
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- University degree in Journalism or similar relevant subject area in English or Russian
- Experience working in high-end fashion or luxury environment
- Ability to produce high-quality copy within a tight time-frame
- Ability to understand Google Analytics Data and draw conclusions from it
- Ability to meet multiple tight deadlines across a number of channels (print and digital)
- Ability to make editorial content decisions reflecting the target readership
- Ability to interface effectively with a broad mixture of people from diverse cultures
- Ability to work autonomously towards assigned objectives
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience in managing a team
- Keen eye for spotting mistakes and great attention to detail
- Minimum two to four year’s experience working for a demanding online publication
- Proven online traffic and presence in Russian website or similar
- Minimum two years working in lifestyle, fashion or travel journalism
- Experience editing a section and developing editorial strategy
- Experience using CMS, InDesign and Photoshop would be an advantage
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Global Blue, Assistant Russian Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly