Hearst Magazines, Digital Commercial Editor
Hearst Magazines UK is looking for a Digital Editor to join its branded content team, specialising in the areas of fitness and health.
You will be responsible for the creation and delivery of quality content to fulfil sponsored and branded commercial campaigns across all Hearst UK digital properties - with a key focus on Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Runner’s World. You will also work across Hearst’s global brands, creating content in English to be translated for other markets.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with sales teams, art teams and project managers to devise content strategies for creative, successful campaigns
- Liaise with clients and attend pitches as and when required
- Lead the content narrative for all content products - including video, social and onsite articles - within an owned campaign
- Interpret briefs and commission freelance or in-house writers
- Edit/write copy to brief, while maintaining Hearst’s top editorial standards across all digital properties
- Build and produce digital articles while utilising best practices for SEO and social media
- Oversee the digital content journey from pitch to publish, ensuring quality output along the way
- Be aware and ahead of competitor business activity
- Be on top of trends, products and innovations in the digital/social space that could improve our content strategy and widen our delivery scope
The right candidate will have extensive digital editorial experience - including commissioning, editing and ideation. They will be able to work collaboratively and be comfortable leading content strategy.
They will be excited by digital trends and the opportunity to dive into a fast-paced, quickly growing area of the business. Direct commercial experience is a plus, but a strong understanding of and interest in the branded content space is a must.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have solid commissioning and editing experience in the areas of health and fitness
- Be able to pinpoint what makes a successful branded content campaign
- Ideally, have commercial or branded content experience, eg. copywriting/client management skills and experience of delivering successful digital projects from pitch to publish
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Have no shortage of creative ideas for innovative content solutions
- Be comfortable attending meetings with clients and creative agencies
- Have experience working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Be a digital native, comfortable writing and editing for the web and building content in a CMS
- Have a strong knowledge of SEO and social media strategy
- Have experience using Google Analytics and analysing content performance
- Have strong communication and influencing skills, excellent time management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders
- Have experience generating ideas for video content - both onsite and social
- Know how to adapt content strategies across multiple platforms, including video, Snapchat Discover, Facebook, Instagram, FB Live and long-form articles
- Be confident working across all of Hearst’s digital brands
Click 'Apply' now.