News Assistant, The Wall Street Journal - NY
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a news assistant to work with a team of New York-based senior editors.
This position includes a mix of journalistic and administrative responsibilities, assisting senior editors with everything from assembling daily news skeds to booking travel to journalism prize nominations.
The ideal candidate is organized and efficient, with a solid understanding of WSJ's mission and values. Journalism experience is required.
- Assist coverage chiefs and other editors with assembling and organizing skeds and story plans, including communicating with bureau chiefs about filing plans and times.
- On big breaking stories, both domestically and internationally, assist bureau chiefs and reporters with logistics and arrangements, including travel.
- Organize visits and logistics for visitors, ranging from job candidates from outside to business leaders and dignitaries coming in for editorial meetings.
- Assist coverage chiefs and other editors with some administrative tasks including keeping track or stringers and arranging payment and arranging some travel.
- Work with graphics on charts on breaking stories, and other reporting on big news stories, as assigned by coverage chiefs.
- Assist planning editor and prize team with preparation for contest submissions on an ongoing basis.
- Strong organization and communication skills
- An understanding of how to navigate the newsroom
- Some journalism experience and the aptitude to do some reporting.
Click 'Apply' now.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.